Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TwinsFest 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Had a great time tonight. Was able to meet up with [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION]. Chris and I were 298 and 299 in the Mauer line and made it through easily. I almost got cutoff at the Hrbek, Oliva, Carew, and Steinbach line. Then when they said that nobody else was getting through and that it was going to be the Willingham line, a bunch of people bailed, and then about 20 people behind me were still able to get into the line, thankfully. Tommy then was willing to get Willingham's group for me which helped a lot since I would have had to go clear to the end of the line. Then hit up the Perkins line to finish off the night. Took my All-Star stitches card of Perkins, and he thought it was pretty cool. It was the first one he had ever seen, and was wondering what happened to all of his workout/ASG stuff lol.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Had a great time tonight. Was able to meet up with @Musial Collector and @TGutta. Chris and I were 298 and 299 in the Mauer line and made it through easily. I almost got cutoff at the Hrbek, Oliva, Carew, and Steinbach line. Then when they said that nobody else was getting through and that it was going to be the Willingham line, a bunch of people bailed, and then about 20 people behind me were still able to get into the line, thankfully. Tommy then was willing to get Willingham's group for me which helped a lot since I would have had to go clear to the end of the line. Then hit up the Perkins line to finish off the night. Took my All-Star stitches card of Perkins, and he thought it was pretty cool. It was the first one he had ever seen, and was wondering what happened to all of his workout/ASG stuff lol.

Cool Perk story. I have one of those sitting on my desk back home. They are sweet cards.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Bags are fine they were just looking for drinks. So don't plan to bring water/soda/beer/flask/etc into the stadium. For anyone getting in line early for Mauer I suggest parking in Ramp A at the very north end. There is a walkway across the street with an entrance to the Club level. From there it is up one level to the Suite level right where Mauer will be signing. Bonus is that the walkway will keep you out of the wind.

Card show was slim pickings for non-Twins cards and I didn't pick anything up. As for autos i did finally get Mauer on an SI cover. Also got Willingham, Meyer, Berrios. Disappointed that I got to the line for Morris, Hrbek, Oliva, and Steinbach a little too late as I spent too much time at the yard sale. Picked up 2 maple MaxBats. Both unused model 191. Very happy as these are the model I use in my senior league and run $80+ retail.

Good to see everyone. For those going Sat/Sun, enjoy.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Made it home. Soooooo tired. Saw 4-5 cars and a semi in the ditch/median between 494/694 and the St. Croix. Hope everyone else makes it home okay! Had a great time seeing the crew and taking it all in. Pics, scans and stories will come tomorrow. I'm off to bed now!

hrbek14

Jan 27, 2013
Waconia, MN
Yard sale was so busy each time I walked by to get to a signing so I didn't bother until the about 8:30. No helmets and biggest names on the bats were Delmon and Butera. They did have some Steinbach jerseys for 150 though... oh, and several autograph party banners were still available.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Today I'm just hitting up the yard sale and memorabilia show and maybe at noon get in some auto lines

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Had a good time last night. Met up with some old faces as well as met some new ones so that is always nice! Ended up getting everything that I was hoping to get done finished so that is definitely a plus. Also ended up spending under my budget which was even better. Stopped by the yard sale right after I got Mauer right away and everything was already picked over pretty good. It sucks when year after year it is always the dealers that get all of the great stuff for $50, but you have to assume that's how it will always be. There were a few jerseys there I liked Gardenhire, Hicks and Gibson but they wanted $150 for them and that was too much for me, especially considering someone got the St. Paul Hicks jersey for $50. Ended up the night walking through the show one last time and ran into Miguel Sano. There were about 5-10 people that he signed autographs for, but I didn't have anything for him so I just got my picture taken with him. Will have pictures and scans of everything up hopefully sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. Everyone else going today have a good time and drive safe!

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Dealer told me he got Minnie and Paul bobbles and mini TFs for 10 each so there were some deals. As for prices going up and prices on free things (young players, photo ops, etc) one friend dubbed this TwinsTheft

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Yeah that's what I was saying. There were some very good deals in there, but the dealers got all of them since they were there before everyone else. It may seem like I'm complaining and sorry if I am, but I just don't think it's too fair that all of the dealers buy everything up just to jack up the prices and re-sell them. Leaves the general fans like us paying more for stuff. I understand that's how they do business and make money, but it just sucks.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah that's what I was saying. There were some very good deals in there, but the dealers got all of them since they were there before everyone else. It may seem like I'm complaining and sorry if I am, but I just don't think it's too fair that all of the dealers buy everything up just to jack up the prices and re-sell them. Leaves the general fans like us paying more for stuff. I understand that's how they do business and make money, but it just sucks.

I agree with Tom. I know the one dealer that was able to score two Mauer helmets before the doors opened, not that I would have been the buyer, however taking the possibility of me potentially being able to see them and buy them is the XXXXty part. I know he will take these $50 purchases and tag them for $400-500 when I would have loved to have added it to my GU collection. I did offer to pay a premium on one of them, but greed sets in over customer loyality and I was denied.

twinsvikings31

Jan 20, 2014
Had an AMAZING time at TwinsFest last night! I ended up getting Sano on a 8x10! I talked in spanish with him and he was very nice and funny! After the night was over, my dad and I were walking back to the car in the parking ramp and he was there!!! TThrowing snowballs at his buddy! We were the only ones around and got pictures and talked for 5 minutes! He's such a class act! I'm PCing him now!

Members online

Latest posts