Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Topps Series One -- 68 CASE BREAK!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
Hey gang! You need to check out this article about a 68 CASE BREAK of 2014 Topps Series One. There were some amazing pulls. Question -- if you were to bust 68 cases of 2014 Topps would you expect your top hits to be more valuable?

Thoughts?

Check it out here...

2014 Topps Series One 68 CASE BREAK!!!

Thanks!

Craig from Texas

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Seeing how the most expensive cards are redemptions (thus hurting their values), I would not have been happy with the break. The person that bought the Ryan for $700 could be kicking themselves once/if they receive the card.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Seeing how the most expensive cards are redemptions (thus hurting their values), I would not have been happy with the break. The person that bought the Ryan for $700 could be kicking themselves once/if they receive the card.

Bingo.I would not like Topps putting some unneccesary gold stamp on the card.I do not like altering original cards like that, especially vintage.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
I've had a discussion with Topps about this very issue. I told them how much collectors do not like the idea of altering original, vintage cards with a gold embossed stamp. However, if you look at completed auction prices on eBay, you will see that the stamped buyback cards sell for more than original cards. This is probably why Topps will continue to stamp these cards.

Craig from Texas

Bingo.I would not like Topps putting some unneccesary gold stamp on the card.I do not like altering original cards like that, especially vintage.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I've had a discussion with Topps about this very issue. I told them how much collectors do not like the idea of altering original, vintage cards with a gold embossed stamp. However, if you look at completed auction prices on eBay, you will see that the stamped buyback cards sell for more than original cards. This is probably why Topps will continue to stamp these cards.

Craig from Texas

How did you get them to listen to you?How long were you on hold for?Have a link?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've had a discussion with Topps about this very issue. I told them how much collectors do not like the idea of altering original, vintage cards with a gold embossed stamp.
Who is them?
Did you speak to a customer service representative on the phone, or a high ranking Topps official in person?

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Based on this Top 10, I can't imagine he did too well on this break. And aside from those clears, what an ugly product!

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

Craig from Texas

I know a few collectors who would beg to differ...buybacks are SO cheap and easy for Topps I can't imagine they'll stop.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
It's the complete sets that he makes his money on.

Not counting master sets, but selling sets is not where you make money, you actually lose money on base sets.. cost is about 14 cents per card, 330 cards in a set, so it costs $46 to make a base setand base sets sell for about $10 ea.. (plus time to sort them into sets). 360 jumbo boxes makes about 480 sets x $10 a set is $4800.

60 inserts per bx times 360 boxes =21600 inserts is where the money is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
Last year, I had a discussion with a higher up from Topps on two issues I had: stamping original cards (and how much I hated this). The other issue was honoring Mickey Mantle by not issuing a #7 in the flagship set. I asked them to please take a poll and ask collectors their thoughts. The official said that my issues would be considered, however, I believe he is no longer with the company unfortunately.

Craig from Texas

Who is them?
Did you speak to a customer service representative on the phone, or a high ranking Topps official in person?

Latest posts