Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dear Clayton Kershaw......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Seems like acting like you've been there before is a lost art...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Kershaw is AWFUL in the post season
Although I like Kershaw, you are correct.
He is now 1-5 with a 5.20 era in 10 postseason games.

Kershaw will never become a legend as long as he's such a horrible big game pitcher, no matter how great he is in the regular season.
He's like a great quarterback who implodes in the playoffs.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Adam Wainwright didn't show up either and of any cardinals pitcher, you think he would because in my mind he was #2 in the Cy Young race behind Kershaw this year.

You're absolutely correct.

But Adam Wainwright isn't touted as the second coming of Jesus Christ either.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And to be fair to Wainwright, he had had his fair share of great playoff moments in his career so far. He shows up.

He is dealing with an injury at the moment, that could be the cause of his 'poor' start.

Kershaw has yet to show up for the playoffs. But his career is still young. He will have plenty more attempts.

He is a great pitcher, it just gets old hearing how much better he is than Waino, when I don't believe he is better than him at all. I'm not saying Waino is better than Ketshaw, they're both very comparable.

Although I like Kershaw, you are correct.
He is now 1-5 with a 5.20 era in 10 postseason games.

Kershaw will never become a legend as long as he's such a horrible big game pitcher, no matter how great he is in the regular season.
He's like a great quarterback who implodes in the playoffs.

Think PEYTON MANNING of the baseball world. Peyton was handed that lone SB by Rhodes and Addai and Rex Grossman i thimk was on the fix. Peyton is awful when it matters the MOST. Think Tracey Porter pick 6 and looking like a rookie vs Seattle.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
You're absolutely correct.

But Adam Wainwright isn't touted as the second coming of Jesus Christ either.

Seriously...Clayton kershaw is by far the best pitcher in baseball and was pitching on very short rest.

I'd think you could take a little of topnotch's advice and just pretend you've been there before. you can celebrate your teams victory without taking shots at the team you beat...

Krangry

Mar 6, 2012
HUGE Cardinals fan here. Lets be honest, Kershaw had amazing stuff last night, and both of the balls hit before Adam's went off of gloves. That game could have gone either way. I would be lying if i didnt think we were going to a game 5 after 5 innings of watching him dismantle the Cardinals lineup. I love being proved wrong though.

Guy is a stud, and will continue to be a stud. Mattingly has to be partially blamed with his AWFUL bullpen management.