Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Jim Fregosi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
He was taken off life support but still fighting for his life. He's suffered multiple strokes since yesterday. Right now my prayers are hoping he can pull through this. Miracles can happen.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
MLB is reporting that he died at 2:36 AM EST. Remember him well from his playing days, as well as collecting him in my card sets. RIP.
DANNY

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
RIP Jim, you were a class act!
fregosipsa.jpg

fregosiraw.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Very sad to hear this news. Jim has been a personal favorite of mine ever since I was a kid. I was lucky enough to meet him in the late 70's, just after he was named manager of the Angels, my favorite team. He appeared at Anaheim Patio and Fireside to do a free meet-and-greet. When my mom and I got there, there was no one else around and Jim talked with me for a long time about baseball, schoolwork, and even favorite foods. He was completely friendly and warm and signed the baseball that I am holding in this picture taken by my mom at the time. A couple years ago, I made a copy of the original photo and sent it to him. He graciously personalized it and sent it back very quickly. (TTMers know that Jim was always among the BEST at speedy returns). In a strange way, Jim became a true role model for me as I was growing up. I first saw him play in the early 70's at the end of his Angel-playing days, and avidly followed his career as a Met, Ranger, and Pirate, until he rejoined the Angels as manager in 1978.

He will be missed by many, definitely including me. Oddly, just knowing that he was still in the baseball world, most recently as a scout for the Atlanta Braves, always made me feel anchored somehow. If interested, feel free to check out my Fregosi collection in the link below this.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just did a BIN on a 71 Topps auto'd card earlier this week. I'm sure those are all gone now...

Members online

Latest posts