Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Dealing with gt2590

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Although I am not directing this specifically towards this particular instance, yet it is not excluded from it either, my feeling on this subject is if you do not have the time to follow through on a deal or live the lifestyle where it is a real possibility you can suddenly not have the time mid-deal, then you should not be dealing at all. Specifically towards this case, this is not a situation where he had a accident and is in the hospital or any other severe instance that would demand 100% of his time so I can not see why he could not afford the 5 minutes it would take to hold his end of the deal. I also agree that with the presented info, it makes no difference who this guy is or how good he has been before, the excuse "I have been working a lot" falls short of a reasonable explanation after 6 weeks and counting.

Although I am not directing this specifically towards this particular instance, yet it is not excluded from it either, my feeling on this subject is if you do not have the time to follow through on a deal or live the lifestyle where it is a real possibility you can suddenly not have the time mid-deal, then you should not be dealing at all. Specifically towards this case, this is not a situation where he had a accident and is in the hospital or any other severe instance that would demand 100% of his time so I can not see why he could not afford the 5 minutes it would take to hold his end of the deal. I also agree that with the presented info, it makes no difference who this guy is or how good he has been before, the excuse "I have been working a lot" falls short of a reasonable explanation after 6 weeks and counting.

100% agree! It takes 5 minutes to ship something out, even when working a lot

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
100% agree! It takes 5 minutes to ship something out, even when working a lot

Depends on where he works and what he does. Some jobs are harder to get away to the post office than others

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Just saw this today, sorry or I would have responded.

First of all, I am, and have admitted, way too late shipping. It has been too long and I have aplogized for that.

Second, the deal is for a large amount of cards that ship in a 300 ct. box so I can't just print the label and drop it off.

Third, thanks to Lance and others who have stood up for me, I appreciate it.

I am finally off all three jobs (two of which have no Internet access available) on Thursday and will be able to ship them out then. My work schedule has increased with no warning and keeps me at work from before the PO opens 'til after it closes. Hell, this weekend I exceeded 50 hours in 3 days LOL. Ugh.

I have another pending trade that will also go out. Anyway, thanks for your support and sorry again to Bill for the time involved...

chilly55

May 16, 2010
Well, figured I would give an update. It's been 17 days since Brian responded to this post and I still don't have my cards. At this point, I don't expect I will ever see them.

I would suggest anyone who buys from him have the cards sent first. Any Mod that would like to step in, any help would be appreciated.

Bill

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Well, figured I would give an update. It's been 17 days since Brian responded to this post and I still don't have my cards. At this point, I don't expect I will ever see them.

I would suggest anyone who buys from him have the cards sent first. Any Mod that would like to step in, any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Sorry ! And for anyone who "backed" him , um this isn't good regardless of history

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Bill

Damn. Shaddy.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Stryk

Aug 7, 2008
This sucks. I really thought after ripping you off for six weeks he was going to care enough about his reputation and send you the cards......

chilly55

May 16, 2010
What cards/ value does he owe you?

The deal came from this thread:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball-transactions/123916-sold.html

I ended up taking all of his Tribute base and Topps inserts. I needed both the Tribute base and the series 2 parallels for sets I am working on. At the time, I would have picked up quite a bit of my needs. At this point, I've worked many trades and really no longer need most of them.

BV, at the time I estimated to be well over $100.00, pushing $150.00 or more. So was getting a great deal plus a lot of hits to my set needs.

Bill

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
If this hasn't been dealt with yet, [MENTION=2367]gt2590[/MENTION] just stop by and drop the cards off with me. I'll mail them out to the OP if you're having trouble finding time to get to the PO. You know where I work...just drop them off dude. I'll take care of this situation...no need to ruin your online rep over $28.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Thanks for the kind offer Jim, but due to finally have some time available (blown head gasket :() I was finally able to talk to someone at PP and get my account "unlocked" and will be sending it over his refund as soon as that happens.

And get this the reason it "locked up" was that my PP addy had ST. in the billing address and my CC addy had AVE. in their billing address. Ugh.

Anyway, [MENTION=4581]chilly55[/MENTION], you should see your $28 by Friday at the latest, if the Holiday delays the funds release...

Members online