Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Must Have Bowman Chrome Autos. Who are yours??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Hey all,

I love bowman chrome autos but I don't like the idea of prospecting. So a question for everyone. Lets try and form a list of those Bowman Chrome Autos that are must have of stars or semi stars. (Not looking for guys you HOPE to be good but guys who are already very very good.)

Here's an example if my idea isn't extremely clear:
2001 Chrome - Pujols
2002 Chrome - Mauer, D. Wright
2003 Chrome - H. Ramirez,
2004 Chrome - Hernandez
2005 Chrome - Verlander, Kemp, Ellsbury
2006 Chrome - Upton, Longoria, Kershaw, Fielder
2007 Chrome - Lincecum
2008 Chrome - Price, Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Posey, Stanton
2009 Chrome - Trout
2010 Chrome - Strasburg
2011 Chrome - Harper, Hosmer
2012 Chrome
2013 Chrome

There's just a few. Who would you add to a best of the best Bowman Chrome Auto Collection?

Last edited:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Hey all,

I love bowman chrome autos but I don't like the idea of prospecting. So a question for everyone. Lets try and form a list of those Bowman Chrome Autos that are must have of stars or semi stars. (Not looking for guys you HOPE to be good but guys who are already very very good.)

Here's an example if my idea isn't extremely clear:
Trout
Kershaw
Hernandez
D Wright
Harper
J Upton
Mauer

There's just a few. Who would you add to a best of the best Bowman Chrome Auto Collection?

Pretty good start here. I'd add Verlander, Longoria, and Pujols. I also think Wil Myers will end up being a perennial All Star...so while he doesn't exactly belong with the other names just yet, I think he will long term.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Pretty good start here. I'd add Verlander, Longoria, and Pujols. I also think Wil Myers will end up being a perennial All Star...so while he doesn't exactly belong with the other names just yet, I think he will long term.

Definitely. I just threw up a quick list and didn't research it to much and hoping others can help fill it in. I definitely think that Verlander, Longoria, and Pujols belong. I'd say if Myers puts up a good year or couple years he might be up in that category.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Definitely. I just threw up a quick list and didn't research it to much and hoping others can help fill it in. I definitely think that Verlander, Longoria, and Pujols belong. I'd say if Myers puts up a good year or couple years he might be up in that category.

Yep no worries. I'm sure others will fill in more that we've both overlooked.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
I don't think Upton is a must right now, yeah he had a good start of the season last year but he never can have a good full year.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Upton needs to reach his potential, before being a must, IMO.

I don't think Upton is a must right now, yeah he had a good start of the season last year but he never can have a good full year.
I don't think he's on that level but he's been very good so far and I love the look of his auto on the chrome finish. I would definitely try and have him in my collection.

Buster posey
Definitely. Thanks for the add!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Hosmer is one of those ones that I'd definitely consider after another year or two of solid production and even without that the fact that he is so far makes him valuable. He would be in that second tier of guys (Fielder, Braun, Hanley, Hosmer, Etc.)

Not to mention it is an SP and has yet to go below $100 for a base chrome auto :-/

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
To the OP…there’s a guy in the 2003 BC set that fits your criteria…Willie Mays ;-)

Anyway, these are MY 11 must-haves (because they’re the ones I don’t have yet) LOL

2001 BC Pujols
2002 BC Doumit
2003 BC Youkilis
2003 BCDP Billingsley
2004 BC Hernandez
2004 BCDP Walker
2005 BC Humber
2005 BCDP Garza
2006 BC Johjima
2010 BCDP Strasburg
2013 BC Ryu (only when/if the redemptions are live)

I’ll try to snag most of these in the coming months if the price is right.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
For me, the MUST haves are:

2007 Jeff Samardzija
2010 Starlin Castro
2010 Anthony Rizzo
2011 Javier Baez
2011 Daniel Vogelbach
2012 Jorge Soler
2012 Albert Almora
2013 CJ Edwards
2013 Arismendy Alcantara

But I'm not partial...

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
To the OP…there’s a guy in the 2003 BC set that fits your criteria…Willie Mays ;-)

Anyway, these are MY 11 must-haves (because they’re the ones I don’t have yet) LOL

2001 BC Pujols
2002 BC Doumit
2003 BC Youkilis
2003 BCDP Billingsley
2004 BC Hernandez
2004 BCDP Walker
2005 BC Humber
2005 BCDP Garza
2006 BC Johjima
2010 BCDP Strasburg
2013 BC Ryu (only when/if the redemptions are live)

I’ll try to snag most of these in the coming months if the price is right.
Pujols, Hernandez were already mentioned but I agree with them. I also agree with Strasburg and I'd put Garza in that second tier of guys. I wouldn't include any of the others in a must have bowman chrome PC. They were never good enough or great for multiple seasons to be considered IMO.
Jacoby Ellsbury, David Price, Tim Lincecum, Madison Bumgarner
Definitely Agree. Forgot about them all. I'd say all four deserve it.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Throwing the 2008 BC Jordan Zimmermann into the pile.
Agree as well!
For me, the MUST haves are:

2007 Jeff Samardzija
2010 Starlin Castro
2010 Anthony Rizzo
2011 Javier Baez
2011 Daniel Vogelbach
2012 Jorge Soler
2012 Albert Almora
2013 CJ Edwards
2013 Arismendy Alcantara

But I'm not partial...
I would say none of those are quite up there yet ;)

Latest posts