Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whatever happened to Wheeler Collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure what made this pop into my head, but a few years ago marked the release of an intriguing product called Wheeler Collection Heroes & Legends. You may remember that some people bagged on it because of the bird cards and other various aspects - as well as the notion that the whole thing was just a fancy liquidation of a Sportking collection - but the people who opened the stuff all loved it as far as I recall (I think [MENTION=11708]guru[/MENTION] busted a bunch). There were some incredible cards included, to be sure, and collectors also traded up for some pretty amazing graded vintage (a 52 Mantle?!).

Anyway, there were supposed to be multiple releases, and the work and care put into the first one made me believe that there would be. Does a quick search show that the last communications from Wheeler himself (2 year-old tweets) were composed of some treasure hunt stuff, like hints at secret codes hidden in his (now defunct) website?

So, just out of curiosity, anyone know what became of Wheeler Collection? Did anyone here try to do the treasure hunt stuff?

Members online

Latest posts