Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manti Te'o, his dead girlfriend, and lies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neither did OJ or Casey Anthony right?

According to the legal system no..

However there were two convictions for murder in the ray Lewis case.. Neither were for ray.. Those rulings were overturned due to self defense. Rays charge of obstruction stuck. So I guess if we're reaching for straws to make comparisons I guess I could go with the west Memphis three as a fair contemporary.. Wrongly accused and charged. Fortunately ray (clearly because of jesus) didnt do the time those poor young men did!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I cannot say I wouldn't have made the same mistake of Ray if it were one of my closest friends (the type you'd call family despite no blood relation). Between a mix of panic in the moment and loyalty to that person, I think many people would make the same mistakes as Ray in that situation.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
just saw his off-camera interview. his answers to softball questions that were predetermined has me convinced. thanks, ESPN.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Apparently the investigator at Notre Dame didn't even interview Manti. Brilliant!

Of course not. Plausible deniability by the school.

Even though they knew for at least a month that it was a hoax they still allowed him to talk about it on camera.

The school would have never said anything if the story hadnt broke.

Wilbon alluded to this on PTI: that Te'o has mental disabilities. (He used the word "simple" when refering to him.)

I believe that instead of being honest and forthright, the Te'o camp is releasing misinformation to muddy the facts so that no one can get a complete story and hoping it will become so confusing that people will give up trying to piece it together.

Whatever the truth may be, Te'o better bring it before NFL teams get their claws into it, I have to believe the investigators the NFL teams hire sure as hell will find it out. I'd put the odds that his Wonderlic test results from the Combine are leaked at about 99.9%.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Of course not. Plausible deniability by the school.

Even though they knew for at least a month that it was a hoax they still allowed him to talk about it on camera.

The school would have never said anything if the story hadnt broke.

Wilbon alluded to this on PTI: that Te'o has mental disabilities. (He used the word "simple" when refering to him.)

I believe that instead of being honest and forthright, the Te'o camp is releasing misinformation to muddy the facts so that no one can get a complete story and hoping it will become so confusing that people will give up trying to piece it together.

A Catholic organization involved in a cover up? Who would have thought?

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Whatever the truth may be, Te'o better bring it before NFL teams get their claws into it, I have to believe the investigators the NFL teams hire sure as hell will find it out. I'd put the odds that his Wonderlic test results from the Combine are leaked at about 99.9%.

What are the chances he skips the combine altogether at this point?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
kid got catfished. Sorry networks no big conspiracy. Welcome to the world of lazy social media no personality types.

He will grow from this. What happen to the days of the youth going up to a female of their choice and ask her out. Getting rejected was part of the game. Going to a match/dating site is for the weak/fragile mind. Some like to hide behind keyboards for the emotion in this country is gone for a few. A generation of skirts

Last edited:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
There should be a mass movement to troll Manti by mailing him Catfish Hunter baseball cards.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Notre Dame: where a Catfish story garners more press/investigation than a rape-suicide story and a possible manslaughter story. They play the houlier than thou shtick more than any entity I've ever seen and it couldn't be further than the truth.

XXXX Notre Dame.

Members online