Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Fleer Tiffany Gold variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Just got mine in today! Mega pumped to add this rarity to my collection :)

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'd like to thank you, too. It completed the Clark rainbow for me:

attachment.php

Congratulations [MENTION=10901]Spike[/MENTION] ! I'm jealous. ..I need the matte / silver version. Hmmm....I wonder if these variations exist in 96 fleer update too...

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Unfortunately, [MENTION=13026]aanewport[/MENTION] didn't have a gold Butler, but I appreciate him looking for me. Luckily, Burbank listed one the other day, so I snapped it up. Paid more than I would have liked ($20), but I'm not at all upset at being able to cross a really tough variation off the list. Like most of us know all too well, some of these variations are literally never seen (and it's not for lack of looking) - this was one of those cards. That gives me a complete 5-card 'rainbow', unless there is a gold foil Dodgers set variation. <shudder>

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
I know of the gold and silver Tiffany versions and the gold and silver matte versions, but what is the fifth version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Just wanted to share my Tiffany Gold Overhaul. Had a Rickey Henderson and Galarraga but the Offers were to good to hold em. but still have these 15. Pettitte, Deion Sanders, Rusty Greer, Ozzie Guillen, Sandy Alomar Jr., Kenny Lofton, Jim Thome, Ruben Sierra, Alex Rodriguez, Paul Molitor, Wade Boggs, Ivan Rodriguez, Mark McGwire, Chipper Jones, Jack McDowell

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Thanks and Yeah.. i bid on the Mattingly too. my favorite player growing up. I didnt know how much to bid. apparently not enough. :)

Last edited:

mccawgomets

Apr 3, 2021
I am sure that this is just a simple printing error but does anyone know much about them. Anyone have there guy? Here is the link to the one I picked up of Puckett.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Fleer-Tiffany-172-Kirby-Puckett-Gold-Foil-Unlisted-Parallel-RARE-HTF-/360870923703?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=OwZsrPVCviUg6wuQQafbkTu5aUo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_0wt_0
I am sure that this is just a simple printing error but does anyone know much about them. Anyone have there guy? Here is the link to the one I picked up of Puckett.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Fleer-Tiffany-172-Kirby-Puckett-Gold-Foil-Unlisted-Parallel-RARE-HTF-/360870923703?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=OwZsrPVCviUg6wuQQafbkTu5aUo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_0wt_0
I know this is an old thread and I am brand new to this forum. But does anyone have a sense of how rare the gold foil Tiffany's are? 10, 20 of each player? I know Bill Pulsipher personally and was looking into his rarest card and didn't know if this might be it. Which is a good Segway to.... Any idea which print run was the scarcest in the mid to late 90s? I find the 1997 Skybox Circa Rave cards numbers to 150. But that's the only low numbered set I could find. Told Bill I'd try to figure out what his rarest Mets card is.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I bought one box of 1996 Fleer when it came out.

Every pack had one gold foil Tiffany and every base card in the box had silver foil instead of the gold foil.

mccawgomets

Apr 3, 2021
I bought one box of 1996 Fleer when it came out.

Every pack had one gold foil Tiffany and every base card in the box had silver foil instead of the gold foil.
I was under the impression the Tiffany per pack card had silver foil and that the gold was rare.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I know this is an old thread and I am brand new to this forum. But does anyone have a sense of how rare the gold foil Tiffany's are? 10, 20 of each player? I know Bill Pulsipher personally and was looking into his rarest card and didn't know if this might be it. Which is a good Segway to.... Any idea which print run was the scarcest in the mid to late 90s? I find the 1997 Skybox Circa Rave cards numbers to 150. But that's the only low numbered set I could find. Told Bill I'd try to figure out what his rarest Mets card is.

I took a look at a list of Bill Pulsipher cards and I'd say these are the most rare:

1997 Circa Rave (numbered/150) and 1996 Leaf Signature Platinum Press Proof (stated print run of 150)
1997 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition - no stated print run but it has to be way below 150, based on how hard cards from this set are to find I'd guess somewhere around 50 of each if even that high
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9, serial numbered/9
1997 New Pinnacle Printing Plates - 8 plates that are 1/1's, 4 colors each for front and back

I'm not an expert on the 1996 Tiffany Golds but I doubt they're as rare as the Starting 9 or the plates.

mccawgomets

Apr 3, 2021
I took a look at a list of Bill Pulsipher cards and I'd say these are the most rare:

1997 Circa Rave (numbered/150) and 1996 Leaf Signature Platinum Press Proof (stated print run of 150)
1997 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition - no stated print run but it has to be way below 150, based on how hard cards from this set are to find I'd guess somewhere around 50 of each if even that high
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9, serial numbered/9
1997 New Pinnacle Printing Plates - 8 plates that are 1/1's, 4 colors each for front and back

I'm not an expert on the 1996 Tiffany Golds but I doubt they're as rare as the Starting 9 or the plates.
Thank you. This is most helpful!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

I have no idea, but that’s cool! LGM!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts