Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about Leaf Trinity Inscriptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Understood. Just don't want it ro get out of hand...

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yeah no personal attacks where made. So is this the new moderating?Reason I ask is that no one can say for sure what the new rules are. And from what I can tell this topic had nothing to do with them, because nothing was said either way. If this is how its going to be around here I have a feeling this place is done sooner than thought. We don't need a moderator to step in when 2 people discuss something with different points of views, especially with situations that never happened.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Yeah no personal attacks where made. So is this the new moderating?Reason I ask is that no one can say for sure what the new rules are. And from what I can tell this topic had nothing to do with them, because nothing was said either way. If this is how its going to be around here I have a feeling this place is done sooner than thought. We don't need a moderator to step in when 2 people discuss something with different points of views, especially with situations that never happened.

I asked you to leave the "smart ass comments" and talk about the subject.

Thats all. Now move on.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I asked you to leave the "smart ass comments" and talk about the subject.

Thats all. Now move on.

That "smart ass comment" was a example about the subject. The point being just because apparently topps forges inscriptions it shouldn't be the norm and the fact that it has nothing to do with Leaf is a derail of the subject at hand. Sorry that rubbed you guys the wrong way but to be honest that's on you. I am not going to stop making points with examples so I am not sure what could have been done here.

I moved on before a mod felt the need to step in and stop absolutely nothing what so ever. So I guess I will move on once again from what I have no clue.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Haha what a joke. If the new moderating is, "you might have an opinion, but just shut up and move on", posts are going to get even more scarce around here. God forbid two people voice their different opinions on a message board.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I say this out of fondness for a site that I spent most of my free time over a few years frequenting. Heck, I became FCB's top poster in spite of coming in down the road after its founding. I understand what you mods are doing is well intentioned, but I think you need to pump the brakes just a bit.

You should really rethink how far you are taking this modding. It will drive away the people that do post here. The football boards once became a ghost town for less. Traffic has slowed everywhere, but not because there was a lack of, and I hate to throw this out there, Mod **** presence. Please don't destroy what remains of a wonderful community. People are petty and there are other boards. When modding is taken to a laughable extreme like in this case, those people will get agitated and try out those other boards. When both of the people "making things personal" are both united against a mod stepping in, something seems wrong.

I am putting this in a very polite way and it is coming from a place of caring. I hope I don't receive my first ever FCB suspension because I spoke up in what I feel is the best interest of the boards. Though I will be quite honest - I'm not sure I'd want to frequent here if this becomes the norm.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I do apologize for going off topic.

Back on topic, has the video of Wood claiming ownership of the inscriptions been released for public viewing, or is it just an internal thing at Leaf for their records?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009

Back on topic, has the video of Wood claiming ownership of the inscriptions been released for public viewing, or is it just an internal thing at Leaf for their records?

Dont get out of hand

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Modding up publicly 12 hours after a post never goes over well. See SCF, BMB, or any other message board. Handle privately via PM/Mod edit or leave well enough alone.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

Cierre has sent a video stating he signed the cards... BG

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Cierre has sent a video stating he signed the cards... BG

First of all, you never answered Card Magnet's question. You told us over a month ago that he sent you a video, Card Magnet's question was (once again) "has the video of Wood claiming ownership of the inscriptions been released for public viewing, or is it just an internal thing at Leaf for their records?"

Secondly, there was never doubt about him signing the cards, the doubt was with him inscribing the cards himself or having someone else inscribe them.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I am traveling to Iowa (field of dreams) today..

He sent us the video stating he signed the cards.. This was the second video we have received from him (the last video was not of acceptable quality).. While he did not use the word inscribed, he (and his agent) are standing by the fact that he signed and inscribed them..

We have to accept the word of a player and his agent.. I will post the video here when I return form the field of dreams event.. BG

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I am traveling to Iowa (field of dreams) today..

He sent us the video stating he signed the cards.. This was the second video we have received from him (the last video was not of acceptable quality).. While he did not use the word inscribed, he (and his agent) are standing by the fact that he signed and inscribed them..

We have to accept the word of a player and his agent.. I will post the video here when I return form the field of dreams event.. BG

So saying you have to accept the word of a player and his agent, does that mean Leaf guarantees that Wood wrote the inscriptions?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'll hold off on saying too much until the video is posted. I will say thanks for publicly releasing it, BG. Although I must say it sounds like it's going to be pretty meaningless to the issue at hand if he doesn't talk inscriptions. Signature was never an issue.