Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I have these 2

HartnettButton.jpg
_57-4.jpg

He had placed a bid on it but it was removed well before the auction ended, I finished 2nd in the bidding.

Yes you are correct it did get removed.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
That's too bad, I have bought from TNT for some time now and have never had issues with real or fake. 267K feedback and now they are consigning fakes? Not good business.

Ya I agree it's a shame. He should pull the fakes because there are a lot of them. It could damage his reputation

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I don't see sarcasm quotes around that part-- so I'll assume your actually serious and have no idea who Ted is.

I rarely take my private disputes public - nothing is accomplished by mud slinging except negative emotions being brought to the surface again and relived once again in all their negative light. Its personally painful = and does nothing more than depress one's enthusiasm for the hobby.

In this case- I'll make a rare exception to educate you about this seller.

Ted once shipped 9 cards in 3 top loads not made for the 9 cards
When advised = he blamed staff, didn't offer the buyer a refund =and then blocked the buyer when they appropriately negged him on all 9 cards involved due to the damages on them all and a lack of a refund ever being offered or a return being asked for.
He once mailed a $500 card in a plastic topload with no cardboard or protection
He has a bad habit of "losing" cards he sells if the price isn't good enough. Not once =but multiple times.

I can handle quite a bit of being crapped on
But he takes the cake for excuse making and lack of personal responsibility.

His "reputation" can only go from dirt bag to pond scum if he sells fake patches
He's a total piece of Jersey garbage.

Jeff

I know you didn't quote me, I was just going from my experience. Good information though.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Was wondering if anyone else has seen another copy of this 2004 ud so game used patch red Rolfe patch card? Rolfe patches are even more rare then Ruth, Gehrig, mantle, or DiMaggio. This is her only card of his containing a patch to my knowledge. Would be cool to hear or see another copy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 46

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Was wondering if anyone else has seen another copy of this 2004 ud so game used patch red Rolfe patch card? Rolfe patches are even more rare then Ruth, Gehrig, mantle, or DiMaggio. This is her only card of his containing a patch to my knowledge. Would be cool to hear or see another copy

That's such a beautiful card. Never seen it before

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Yes I used to own another copy, I'm on mobile now but when I get home in a week I should be able to post a scan. As rare as it was I just couldn't keep it because well..... It was Red Rolfe. I just dint appreciate it as much as the other guys in my collection. But you are correct it's his only patch to this point. Some how the rest of the jersey has been buried in UD's inventory.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I don't see sarcasm quotes around that part-- so I'll assume your actually serious and have no idea who Ted is.

I rarely take my private disputes public - nothing is accomplished by mud slinging except negative emotions being brought to the surface again and relived once again in all their negative light. Its personally painful = and does nothing more than depress one's enthusiasm for the hobby.

In this case- I'll make a rare exception to educate you about this seller.

Ted once shipped 9 cards in 3 top loads not made for the 9 cards
When advised = he blamed staff, didn't offer the buyer a refund =and then blocked the buyer when they appropriately negged him on all 9 cards involved due to the damages on them all and a lack of a refund ever being offered or a return being asked for.
He once mailed a $500 card in a plastic topload with no cardboard or protection
He has a bad habit of "losing" cards he sells if the price isn't good enough. Not once =but multiple times.

I can handle quite a bit of being crapped on
But he takes the cake for excuse making and lack of personal responsibility.

His "reputation" can only go from dirt bag to pond scum if he sells fake patches
He's a total piece of Jersey garbage.

Jeff
Losing cards/balls, selling fakes, or refusing to pay consignees.....many bad practices for several consigners; huh???

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I made a deal with another board member to aquire is amazing card. To me this is the best card I have seen come out of 2015 triple threads. A warren Spahn and Ted Williams dual cut signature dual patches. It is a amazing card in person. Just so everyone knows the Ted Williams material is from a pair of 1954 pants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 43

Members online