Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDaily Thread - 6/7 (Gerrit Cole to Be Called Up)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Ethan Martin
Domingo Tapia
Mauricio Cabrera
Kyle Zimmer
Rafael DePaula
Walker Weickel
A.J. Cole
Jesse Biddle
Clay Holmes
Josh Hader
Bryan Brickhouse
Tony Cingrani
Mike Montgomery
Michael Ynoa
Jimmy Nelson (AAA debut) vs. Carlos Martinez
Martin Perez

and the Matchup of the Day -- Zack Wheeler vs. James Paxton

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Re: The #MilbDaily Thread - 6/7

Going to be going to the cedar rapids game tonight. Looks like it will be a Buxton vs. Correa kind of day for me

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A few more names were added to the OP, and I have revised the Matchup of the Day when Wheeler's opponent was revealed.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
There we go! [MENTION=2235]sheetskout[/MENTION]

Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Gerrit Cole "will very likely" make his major league debut on Tuesday against the Giants.
The Pirates need a starter with Wandy Rodriguez (forearm) pushed back a couple days, and it should be late enough to where Cole can avoid Super Two status. The right-hander has managed just 47 strikeouts over 68 innings for Triple-A Indianapolis this season, but he's posted a 2.91 ERA and pitched very well other than a blowup last month when he gave up eight runs. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 draft, Cole should stick around as long as he pitches well. He should be owned in all mixed leagues.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Rafael DePaula - 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 8 K

Can't wait till he gets a card. :)

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
Anyone know why when Nick Williams hit a HR today and it says 8 instead of 11? I know it was a completion of a make up game but I am confused.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Anyone know why when Nick Williams hit a HR today and it says 8 instead of 11? I know it was a completion of a make up game but I am confused.

On the date the game officially began, he hit his 8th.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I didn't think I'd ever type this, but Mike Montgomery has a no-no through 7.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
From what I've seen first hand, Almora is driving the ball decently and is an advanced hitter for his level. What I wonder is, out of all the hits he has so far, have any of them not left the park because of the hamate injury...

Members online