Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC card prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Damn I just checked my COMC and I have over 650 cards I've purchased just sitting there. It's going to cost $165.90 to get them shipped to me :eek:

Hopefully they have a bulk shipping special at the end of them month.

That is one of the HUGE turnoffs about COMC. That is blatant profit gouging. The cost should be exact shipping cost. That's what, like $10-$30 to ship 650 cards with insurance? Yikes. They do it to discourage people from taking their cards in-person because they make their money from cards being on the site.

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I thought they just had a $3 shipping special...

As a buyer it's supposed to be only $3.00 for shipping, no matter how many cards. I personally have never shipped more than 10 or 12 at a time, so I could be wrong. There's a 25¢ fee included in the price of each card to cover "handling".

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
What would my cost be to send them 200 cards to sell?

As a buyer it's supposed to be only $3.00 for shipping, no matter how many cards. I personally have never shipped more than 10 or 12 at a time, so I could be wrong. There's a 25¢ fee included in the price of each card to cover "handling".

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
What would my cost be to send them 200 cards to sell?

$50 listing fee (25 cents per card).
[MENTION=3680]csmtampa[/MENTION]
The reason that it is going to cost you $165 to have them shipped to you is because you didn't pay the 25 cent surcharge when you purchased the cards (assuming you purchased them before that was implemented).

They gave you an opportunity before that to have them shipped and not incur the fee.

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
That is one of the HUGE turnoffs about COMC. That is blatant profit gouging. The cost should be exact shipping cost. That's what, like $10-$30 to ship 650 cards with insurance? Yikes. They do it to discourage people from taking their cards in-person because they make their money from cards being on the site.

The shipping charge on COMC covers packaging and postage costs certainly, but the biggest cost has to be the time it takes their employees to pull cards from inventory for the order. COMC has millions of cards in inventory and it seriously has to take forever to pull 650 cards, thus the large cost to ship.

I've had a few orders where my shipping was $60-70, but I wasn't pissed because I figured that cost ahead of time when buying each card...I read what it costs to ship and bought accordingly. COMC recently changed their site so that you basically pay the per-card shipping/handling/pulling fee upfront rather than on the back end when you request a shipment, exactly because many people were pissed when they went to check out and saw the shipping cost. I disagreed with this move when they announced it because I thought people would have read the shipping rates before they put stuff in their cart, and understand what the money is really going towards. I have since changed my opinion.

The funny thing is that under the new system if somebody has bought 650 cards they will go to the checkout and pay $3 for shipping, which appears to be a bargain. But, they already paid 25 cents upfront for shipping and their costs are actually higher than they were under the old "giant fee to ship" system because there is no bulk shipping option, which would save you some money on big shipments.

Either way, shipping for 50 different cards from 50 different sellers on COMC is faaar cheaper than on ebay.

aric

Apr 29, 2009
Bulk shipping is still available for the time being. Log into COMC, then click on "compare to the old site". (Note: this is now the only way to access the old site) Once on the old site, you will still have the bulk shipment option when going through "manage my shipment." The bulk shipping option will no longer available once the old site is permanently retired.

RipitRipken

Jan 4, 2013
Huge Price difference again

Guys,

Great discussion and very helpful for me since I'm new to this forum and COMC.

So how do you explain this:

A 2008 Bowman Chrome Auto of Jordan Schafer. On COMC, the lowest price is $35 and there's FOUR of them so it's not the one guy pricing his card at BV because his card is the only one.

Then when you go to ebay...the card sells for $3-$7. So I encountered this with a LOT of cards I was looking at selling and I just have no idea what to do. Are those guys on COMC getting close to their list price? Am I better off selling it on here for $5 ?

Appreciate the insight.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Some people are delusional, some people just like to park cards for whatever reason, some might be hoping he will pop and they will get closer to that price. None of them are right, none of them are wrong. If you want to sell it, price it where you think you can sell it and will be comfortable with the price.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
Guys,

A 2008 Bowman Chrome Auto of Jordan Schafer. On COMC, the lowest price is $35 and there's FOUR of them so it's not the one guy pricing his card at BV because his card is the only one.

Then when you go to ebay...the card sells for $3-$7. So I encountered this with a LOT of cards I was looking at selling and I just have no idea what to do. Are those guys on COMC getting close to their list price? Am I better off selling it on here for $5 ?

Appreciate the insight.

Not sure if you can still tell on the new site but on the old site you could estimate how long a card had been sitting there by looking at the inventory #. If it a lot lower than the cards you just sent in then it's been sitting a while. I did not have any problem selling Bowman Chrome autos of scrubs and legit prospects for around ebay prices. I always priced stuff at what I wanted it to sell at and ignored all the people who had overpriced their cards. Everyone once in a while it seems like certain users try to corner the market on a card and will have one user buy all the inventory listed. I sold a lot of my cards that way.

RipitRipken

Jan 4, 2013
Interesting to say the least....I have a feeling I will learn a lot in the coming months with COMC and ebay. I have built up a rather large inventory really to jut experiment with selling. I think I positioned myself to break even since I was buying in bulk. I'm excited to learn how the season changes pricing and what not.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Guys,

Appreciate the insight.

That's a fairly common situation when it comes to bust players on COMC. One guy will send it in, and list it for what may have been Hi BV when he sent it it. The card drops like a rock, he doesn't adjust his price. New sellers send in the same card, and will undercut the original price just a little, figuring that if they're the cheapest, people will buy from them (even if their price is still overpriced). The original seller probably invested heavy in Schafer, and doesn't want to lose too much. Plus, he's had his AU there for maybe 3 years going by the item #, only costs him a penny a month to have it sit there. None of those four copies are ever gonna sell, so COMC will keep collecting a penny a month per seller for storage into infinity.

Latest posts