Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Pretty sure the big Gwynn collector has shown his in one of these 90's threads.

A little different than the others...
Scan_79.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
New topic, anyone here nail that proshooters checklist last night? I decided to actually go for it and was out bid on my $45+ snipe... I did however get the Belle marble for $20, which I'm happy with.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Not surprised... what makes it different other than the 1/1 on the back? It is foil on the front or refractor? Who all has their guy? Man I obviously don't have a Belle... is this a set collectors thing too?

The front of the card has holographic foil. The back is similar to that of a 1999 UD MVP base card, with the exception of the 1/1 stamp (dot matrix printing, not a foil stamp).

The set is made up of 100 unique 1/1s. The cards were inserted into 1999 Upper Deck Legends as a way to promote 1999 UD MVP.

Sep 11, 2009
Nice! There is not much info out there at all on this issue- it is not even listed in the Beckett big book I have. Researching online I found only a single photo- of a Juan Gonzalez at the awesome JuanGone site. There is also only a single copy of this issue graded by PSA- a Roger Clemens. now that we've seen the Manny and the Mac I wonder if any more will show on this thread... Baseballcardpedia says there are 8 serial numbered copies of each but the Manny, Juan, and McGwire do not appear to be serial #"d.

Here's Thomas. Not mine, got the pic from eBay. b6bzq6wewkkgrhqjhweycbh.jpg

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
If I remember correctly, JeffV have that Clemens posted somewhere...

Nice! There is not much info out there at all on this issue- it is not even listed in the Beckett big book I have. Researching online I found only a single photo- of a Juan Gonzalez at the awesome JuanGone site. There is also only a single copy of this issue graded by PSA- a Roger Clemens. now that we've seen the Manny and the Mac I wonder if any more will show on this thread... Baseballcardpedia says there are 8 serial numbered copies of each but the Manny, Juan, and McGwire do not appear to be serial #"d.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
How can you tell the difference between 1997 Pacific Light Blue and 1997 Pacific Silver?

The only difference I see is that the players names on the Light Blue cards are outlined in blue and the Silver cards aren't outlined.

Silver
773a60e0-f008-4dd9-af8d-5f1535fc5ce8.jpg

Light Blue
ca2ec06e-78c3-4a29-82b9-f2da27bf96a4.jpg

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Can anyone post all three versions of the 1999 finest peel and reveal? I would like to see what the hyperplaid , stadium stars, and sparkle look like all together. I've purchased them all in the past but the supposed stadium stars looks no different to me than the supposed sparkle version I own.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
How can you tell the difference between 1997 Pacific Light Blue and 1997 Pacific Silver?

The only difference I see is that the players names on the Light Blue cards are outlined in blue and the Silver cards aren't outlined.

Silver
773a60e0-f008-4dd9-af8d-5f1535fc5ce8.jpg

Light Blue
ca2ec06e-78c3-4a29-82b9-f2da27bf96a4.jpg

The blue looks like a dull lead color. That's the only way I've been able to tell. Plus I got lucky and purchased them and they were listed correctly too. As soon as I had them in hand I immediately saw a difference. Not a great difference but one nonetheless.

Members online