Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twins cancel Hall of Fame induction of Chuck Knoblauch after another ex-wife assault arrest.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN -- The Minnesota Twins called off the induction of Chuck Knoblauch into their Hall of Fame after he was arrested for allegedly assaulting his ex-wife.

The team was slated to honor the 1991 Rookie of the Year and four-time All-Star on Aug. 23 at Target Field.

The Twins' president said the decision was made "in light of recent news reports" and after "direct communication" with Knoblauch.

"There are no plans to reschedule," Twins President Dave St. Peter said. "I suppose over time this could be revisited, but at this time from the Twins' organization perspective, we currently have no intent to reschedule."

Knoblauch, 46, divorced Cheri Knoblauch in 2012.
He was convicted of hitting a previous wife in 2010 and sentenced to a year of probation.

"I strongly had the belief that he was in a different place and that he had made amends and was looking forward to being a better husband and a better dad," St. Peter said. "Obviously we need to see what transpires, but it's disappointing, to say the least."

Knoblauch was released after posting $10,000 bond. He is due in court on July 30.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If the allegations are true , good for the Twins . Bad enough it's happened before , but at least once again , he gets no sympathy from me

Ryan

padresfan9

Dec 8, 2013
I met the guy. I was at a mab celebrity show here in nj and he walked past me. Good lord what if I was assalted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I met the guy. I was at a mab celebrity show here in nj and he walked past me. Good lord what if I was assalted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Had he "thrown" a punch, it likely would have sailed over your head anyway. I think you were safe.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
So...hypothetically...if he was still playing would he get more than a two game suspension?

I am glad to see the Twins took this action instead of slapping him on the wrist and turning a blind eye to his actions. Granted, not getting inducted to the Twins hall of fame is probably not going to upset Chucky or take any money out of his pocket but it is nice to see a team take a stand against violence against women. Now I just wonder if they will take Kirby out of the hall of fame for his misadventures with his spouse.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I was at the game where he hit Keith Olberman's mom with an errant throw. Despite the 3 WS rings in 4 years with the Yanks, he never lived up to his previous numbers in Minnesota.

98_knoblauch_15of25.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

If you are a male, you're good and won't be assaulted. You only have to be concerned if you are a woman and especially a woman who is his ex.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I met him in 1992 and he was by far the nicest Baseball player I ever met. Shame he has all these issues, but I ran in to him at Spring Training before everyone reported and he could not have been nicer. I didn't have a working pen to have him sign so he said come back later in week and find me.

I went back two days later when crowds were huge, he saw me, and came right up. Not only did he sign my stuff but asked if there was anyone on team I wanted to meet and he introduced me to Puckett.

But like I said it's a shame how he turned out because he was above and beyond the best example of a nice guy I met as a kid.

Members online

Latest posts