Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Billy Butler signs with A's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
3yr deal $30MM. $5MM signing bonus

Seems like a lot for a one dimensional player coming off a down year. When his bat goes cold he is a liability, as he is not able to contribute in any other way.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Historically a high OBP guy, natural fit for the A's.

eltoro2012

Nov 3, 2013
I'm a big Royals fan and I just decided to focus in on collecting Billy Butler. I've always been a big fan so I will probably continue collecting him though. It will just be weird seeing him in anything but a Royals jersey.

WaxPax

I think this is a solid signing, all things considered. Butler is only 28, and although he is limited to being a DH, his AAV is only 10M per season. It's not like he's a broken down 35 yr old, and you're committing 3 years to, besides BB will probably trade him off well before the end of this deal.....

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I thought of that as well but here is a list of Park Factors for 2014. Obviously this list does not address numerous issues as factors but:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

Yeah, we debate that list every season. The problem with it is that offenses are contributing to those stats without a control. Meaning a good offense skews the numbers as compared to the rest of the league.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Yeah, we debate that list every season. The problem with it is that offenses are contributing to those stats without a control. Meaning a good offense skews the numbers as compared to the rest of the league.

No doubt, agreed. The A's were a top 1/3 offensive team last season, thus playing 81 games there certainly is a large factor in the numbers. Whereas, the Royals were a middle of the pack offensive team. Butler is not a power hitter in this portion of his career though, so hitting slash singles the park will not be much of a factor in his numbers.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well Fug. Guess I have a lot of Billy Butler stuff to sell. Was really hoping he'd come back to KC. Guess it's time to start the Cheslor Cuthbert era.
Why would you sell your Butler collection? I don't get this way of team collecting, unless you're pissed at Butler.The odds are that Gordon, Mous, Hosmer, etc. will eventually leave the team in a few years too, as it's extremely rare for a player to stay with one team his entire career, like George Brett.Do you only collect current Royals? (Nothing wrong with that. Just wondering.)

Members online