Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************** Morning Tread ************* 11/25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
Good afternoon everyone! Special mailday shoutout to Joe [MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION] for hooking me up with my second Adam Dunn Topps 60 Patch. Thanks again Joe!

DUNN2.jpg

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good luck on the paper! I used to think sleep was overrated, but once I got my cpap, I sleep so much better.

The due date is April 11th. We can't wait!

Lately I haven't been sleeping too well. I'm not sure why either. There have been a few days where I wake up feeling really good and energized, almost as if I woke up naturally compared to being woken up by an alarm, but most days I've had a hard time waking up. The only thing that I can think of is the change of seasons is having an affect on me right now. It wasn't until the last couple of weeks that we started dropping into the teens and lower at night. And as far as the paper goes, I've gotten a better start on it today. I've made it a point to take a small break in between paragraphs. But I now have another paper due on the 5th for the same class. I keep telling myself only next week and then finals before break :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Flori-Dave (If you are around) -

It doesn't appear as if Kenosha is coming to Willmar or Duluth this season, but it looks like they have a game in St. Cloud, which I might be able to get too.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
[MENTION=6876]Luck15Hope[/MENTION] - Nice! Glad you like it! Do me a favor, if you see another Dunn patch from that set that you're willing to pass on, let me know. Just from a collecting standpoint, I'd like to have another one. ;)

Now, to show off my end of the deal with Luck15Hope. My 34th Adam Dunn 1/1

2013 Topps Tier One Bat Knobs 1/1
attachment.php

I'd like to give a shoutout to Tony [MENTION=1927]mlbsalltimegreats[/MENTION] for the assist. I sent some PayPal to complete the deal and Tony hooked me up with an early Christmas present. Thank you, Tony. A big thank you to Robert as well for thinking of me and being patient in making a deal to get this beauty in my collection.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon/Evening Gents! Finally getting time to sit down as it has been a long and productive day. I was able to get all the yard work we had wanted to do as well as plant some new raspberry bushes. Getting ready to do the weekly grocery shopping trip and then continue learning German. We got an online copy of it and just started it last night so I'm hoping to at least understand the main phrases and greetings and such.

[MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION] - OUTSTANDING pickup on the Dunn knob! You need a much larger scan of it though ;)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I forgot how long of a song Inna Gadda Da Vida is. I have my music turned on while I'm working on my paper and it happened to come on. It actually helped me focus a little better. I don't know why a song by a bunch of stoned out hippies is helping me focus either :lol:

Good Afternoon/Evening Gents! Finally getting time to sit down as it has been a long and productive day. I was able to get all the yard work we had wanted to do as well as plant some new raspberry bushes. Getting ready to do the weekly grocery shopping trip and then continue learning German. We got an online copy of it and just started it last night so I'm hoping to at least understand the main phrases and greetings and such.

@muskiesfan - OUTSTANDING pickup on the Dunn knob! You need a much larger scan of it though ;)

I really wish I would have taken German in high school. Granted, I would have only been able to take about a year and a half's worth since I moved around the end of 3rd quarter my junior year. In Pierre we were given 3 choices for foreign language. We were offered Spanish, German, and Latin. I took Spanish since it was the easiest of the three, but I really considered the other 2. I wanted to take German considering I'm 50% German, and I wanted to take Latin since at the time I planned on going into the medical field and the teacher was probably the coolest teacher in the school.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012

@muskiesfan - OUTSTANDING pickup on the Dunn knob! You need a much larger scan of it though ;)

Lol, I know. I didnt realize how big the picture was going to be until after I had submitted the post. Pic was taken with my phone, not a scan.

P.S. - Care to share any of those raspberries when they start coming in? Or at least pictures of your harvest! Make sure the pictures are big enough though if you do! ;):p

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good Evening everywhere, missed saying good morning this morning. It was cold and I did not want to get up so by the time I did I had to rush off to my second job. It seems the high bidder is not going to pay on the button card and the seller is offering the card to me next even though I was not the second highest bidder. What do you guys think?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good Evening everywhere, missed saying good morning this morning. It was cold and I did not want to get up so by the time I did I had to rush off to my second job. It seems the high bidder is not going to pay on the button card and the seller is offering the card to me next even though I was not the second highest bidder. What do you guys think?

What would you end up paying? I have a feeling you would be over paying in the end

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
What would you end up paying? I have a feeling you would be over paying in the end

I have not even asked him, he sent me a text literally while I was typing the previous post. Even if he let me have it at my highest bid $175, I think that I still too much. Just lost power, the day keeps getting better lol

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
The paper is finished! I just need to proofread it a few times and then it will be ready for submission. Once I actually settled in and worked on it, it was fairly easy, but with this professor it will be tough to get a decent grade on the paper.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Have you guys seen these Topps player contracts from their vault? Belle has one up and it's already at $66 lol. I am not even watching it but that's crazy. It would be a sweet item but I'm kind of surprised how high the bid is already with 2 days to go

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Have you guys seen these Topps player contracts from their vault? Belle has one up and it's already at $66 lol. I am not even watching it but that's crazy. It would be a sweet item but I'm kind of surprised how high the bid is already with 2 days to go

Prices for those seem to be all over. I won one Sveum for around $12 and passed on another that went over $30 within a day of being listed

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I have not even asked him, he sent me a text literally while I was typing the previous post. Even if he let me have it at my highest bid $175, I think that I still too much. Just lost power, the day keeps getting better lol

One of two situations in my mind..
The high bidder realized he wasn't smart or it was shilled the crap out of. If you don't feel comfortable it'll appear again. Don't buy it at your high bid.. Wait

Afternoon everyone..

Sent from my iPhone

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida

I've seen what looks like 4X6 index cards that have items given to players in the 60's for their services. Items like TV's & golf clubs. I've come close to bidding on a few of the '69 Mets cards (shocking, I know) but most get up to triple digits so I merely watch them.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts