Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FINALIZED 2015 BOWMAN DRAFT CHECKLIST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Topps has begun announcing names for 2015 Bowman Draft (releases 12/9), and it doesn't get better than this.

Dansby Swanson, everyone.

IMG_20151119_094608.jpg

In addition, they've announced Brendan Rodgers will also have an auto.

I'll continue to update this thread as more announcements are made.

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Bowman® Draft is quickly living up to its name this year. The prospect-product features autographs from up-and-coming stars, including two top first-round picks from the 2015 MLB First-Entry Draft.

Dansby Swanson, the first overall pick, and Brendan Rodgers, the third overall pick, will both have cards in 2015 Bowman Draft including their first on-card Chrome autographs.

In addition to the big signers, 2015 Bowman Draft will have no redemptions. All autographs will be live on the day of release – December 9 – making this is a must-have product for collectors who love prospects.

“We’re excited to have players of this caliber in 2015 Bowman Draft,” said Bowman brand manager Zvee Geffen. “Bowman is home to the first cards of many great players, and Bowman Draft wouldn’t have been complete this year without Swanson and Rodgers.”

Swanson, a shortstop in the Arizona Diamondbacks farm system, and Rodgers, a shortstop in the Colorado Rockies system, will both be featured in multiple Bowman Draft autograph subsets.

These are just the first two autograph signers announced for 2015 Bowman Draft.

Follow Bowman on Twitter (@bowmancards) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/BowmanBaseball) for more updates on 2015 Bowman Draft and future Bowman products.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Swanson, this would be the first time in the past 11 years (Matt Bush) that the #1 pick has a Bowman Chrome Draft auto in the same year he was drafted.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Re: Swanson, this would be the first time in the past 11 years (Matt Bush) that the [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] pick has a Bowman Chrome Draft auto in the same year he was drafted.

I wonder what that means. Does it mean Topps doesn't think this #1 pick will be a major superstar (thus no need to save his first auto for future bowman releases) or does it mean Topps doesn't want to have their competitors get the #1 pick auto card in their products well before Topps does?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wonder what that means. Does it mean Topps doesn't think this #1 pick will be a major superstar (thus no need to save his first auto for future bowman releases) or does it mean Topps doesn't want to have their competitors get the #1 pick auto card in their products well before Topps does?

If I had to speculate, I'd say the real reason is because this year's crop is generally considered below-average as a whole when compared to others, and so Topps likely decided to break with tradition and include as many of the highest picks as possible. (It should be noted, however, #2 pick Alex Bregman is on the 2016 Bowman sell sheet.).

And finally, there are still many names who have yet to have Chrome Autos that could be included in 2016 Bowman to make it enticing, the most notable being Yoan Moncada.

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

I wonder if the teams play into it as well. If they were better teams (popularity-wise), with bigger fan-bases, they may too have waited.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
All I want for Christmas is Josh Naylor.

Wait, that sounded creepy. I want his CARD, not him.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Andrew Benintendi, James Kaprielian and Garrett Whitley announced!

:mrgreen:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The next announcement won't be until Monday.

If history repeats itself, the complete CL should come out Wednesday.

I doubt it'll happen, but I'd really like to see some rookie autos this year, especially considering what a historic year it was in that regard. A Correa rookie auto by itself would be a significant boon to this product.

However, taking into account they inserted two of the top three picks from this year as autos, and made sure to announce it first, makes me think they're compensating for choosing not to include rookie autos.

That said, this product is called "Draft", so I'm not really expecting it. But man, would it be nice.....

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]

Who are you hoping for, not from this last draft, that hasn't had anything yet? I mean, beside Moncada.

Need I mention Clint Coulter yet again?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Who are you hoping for, not from this last draft, that hasn't had anything yet? I mean, beside Moncada.

Need I mention Clint Coulter yet again?

I assume you're referring to 2016 Bowman.

Here are my top choices.

Anderson Espinoza (Red Sox)
Sam Travis (Red Sox)
Mauricio Dubon (Red Sox)
Javier Guerra (Red Sox)
Ricardo Sanchez (Braves)
John Gant (Braves)
Jomar Reyes (Orioles)
Trey Mancini (Orioles)
Billy McKinney (Cubs)
Eloy Jimenez (Cubs)
Jen-Ho Tseng (Cubs)
Kyle Waldrop (Reds)
Adam Duvall (Reds)
Nellie Rodriguez (Indians)
Adam Plutko (Indians)
Adam Engel (White Sox)
Micker Adolfo (White Sox)
Jordan Guerrero (White Sox)
Helmis Rodriguez (Rockies)
Jesus Tinoco (Rockies)
Vince Velasquez (Astros)
Joe Musgrove (Astros)
Francis Martes (Astros)
Pedro Fernandez (Royals)
Marten Gasparini (Royals)
Ryan O'Hearn (Royals)
Yadier Alvarez (Dodgers)
Jharel Cotton (Dodgers)
Clint Coulter (Brewers)
Zach Davies (Brewers)
Michael Reed (Brewers)
Felix Jorge (Twins)
Yairo Munoz (A's)
Rangel Ravelo (A's)
Sean Manaea (A's)
Franklyn Kilome (Phillies)
Magneuris Sierra (Cardinals)
Tyler O'Neill (Mariners)
Michael Santos (Giants)
Christian Arroyo (Giants)
Ryan Cordell (Rangers)
Anthony Alford (Blue Jays)
Victor Robles (Nationals)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
still disappointed I'm going to have to wait until next year for draft pick Bregman's first non-USA auto - local kid.

50thRoundPick

Nov 22, 2011
Interesting you have Tyler O'Neill on there. I've been waiting on his 2014 Bowman Black #/25 redemption card for over a year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's announcement - Dillon Tate (Rangers), Ian Happ (Cubs) and Richie Martin (A's)!

IMG_20151123_140136.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's announcement - Josh Naylor, Kyle Tucker and Carson Fulmer. :)

[MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION]

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1448401086314.jpg
    1448401086314.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: