Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not happy with my scanner - Need help - Examples included...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
Don't pay any attention to their size or quality.

The "Other" is original scans from other people.

It's a Epson V300...

I do not like the way my scanner reflects on the cards and the colors always look duller even with some tweaking.

Anybody have a similar experience, fix, tip, recommendation for a proven results on these types of cards scanner?

I think I remember something about the type of light it uses to make the scan? Does it matter if you scan in case?

<AJ>

Here is my scanner:
POWERCORE_zps36409bb4.jpg

Other:
6.jpg

Mine:
$(KGrHqJ,!ioFD60UfQgnBRJp6HppWQ~~60_12.JPG

Other:
$T2eC16VHJGYE9nooiLK+BRDVNp6BKQ~~60_3.JPG

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
I wouldn't scan them in the top load. I also have an Epson and was having similar issues. Try changing the mode and going to professional mode and auto crop. It has really worked for me. Hope that helps.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I have heard if it has to be in a loader or slabbed, scan it with the top open and the lights off in a dark room. Thats all I got I don't own an Epson.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah yours looks like an LED scanner, I have one as well and it does that line thing to refractor-type cards. It's a shame because LED scanners are cheaper and smaller than the scanners that will do a good job with those. I don't think there are settings you can tweak to fix it, it's an issue with how those scanners work.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I've heard that the lines of refractor scans can sometimes be avoided by turning the card 90 degrees left or right from the normal scanning position.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
That doesn't work on mine (the lines just go in a different direction) but it's worth a shot.

[MENTION=7109]RAZOR-Z[/MENTION] I remember there being an excellent thread over on Blowout many months ago with tips on scanners and recommendations. Here it is. It's specific to graded cards but it has some good info, they discuss the different types of scanners.

Last edited:

Members online