Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Wins the World Series?

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
AJ should bring in Nolan Ryan if they have a lead late instead of anyone n his pen

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
These were the Vegas odds at the beginning of the season. Nice little payday for some.

Vegas.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. Carlos Correa doesn't just receive rings, he gives them out. Just proposed to his g/f. She said yes.

Wonder if he'd still have proposed if they'd lost. ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jayson Stark‏Verified account @jaysonst
The Astros traded for Justin Verlander at 11:59 EDT 8/31. They won the World Series at 11:59 EDT tonight. Some things are just meant to be

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
Great win and great series - fun to watch some great games even if your home team is not playing!!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was born and raised in Philadelphia, will always be a fan of those teams. But I've lived in Austin for 25 years, and I could never really adopt a Texas team to root for. The Rangers never really grabbed me, and the Astros were another NL so they were disqualified. But since they switched to the AL, and my wife, Erin, and I met and started going to Houston for minivacations, card shows, and games, I came around. I always liked the rainbow uniforms, Nolan Ryan, the 8th Wonder stadium, etc., so it became easier to adopt the Astros. Starting when Springer came up, I really started to like them, and this year we really started to love them. How can you not like these guys? I understand, a lot of people hate them because there's always haters. But last night was such a perfect end to an amazing season. My wife was losing her mind. We had this shrine set up, which was obviously necessary:
stros-shrine.jpg
I just received the A&G Wood Springer last night and had just opened the envelope to show Erin when Springer hit his homer. She freaked out, and I, or rather SHE, is lucky she didn't crush it while running around the house screaming.

While not quite as sweet as a Phillies win (which will take a few more years of rebuilding and signing Mike Trout to a $7B deal), it was extremely gratifying to see this team win. We saw 2 games in Houston this year, and Erin will be going to the parade.

Card related, from left to right back row:
1) 2014 Topps Chrome Springer auto
2) 2017 A&G Wood 1/1 Springer
3-6) 2017 Topps 1987 Continuity Chromes Springer (Gold), Bregman, Altuve, Correa
7) 2016 Topps Heritage AJ Hinch
8) 2015(?) A&G Jumbo Patch/Auto Booklet Springer
9) 2016(?) Donruss Proof Springer #/20
Front row:
1) 2016 Topper Heritage Springer
2-4) 2014 Panini National Treasures Flawless Springer rainbow #/20, #/5, 1/1

Members online