Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why are graded RCs from the 80/90s so much pricier on COMC than EBAY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I was never into graded cards but was thinking about starting a collection of baseball and football RCs in the PSA 8-9 range that tend to sell upwards of $25. Well after doing research it seems the cheapest ones on COMC are still twice the going rate on EBAY. If this was some rare card that is hardly ever seen, that's one thing. But for multiple cards that sell daily, I don't get what sellers at COMC are trying to prove. And in many cases, guys want more for their PSA8s than what PSA9s sell for on EBAY, example is the Stadium Club Murphy Jeter. I'm guessing there are reasonably listed RCs but they sell out real fast? Would it be simpler just to cash out and buy the cards on EBAY?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Speaking of COMC, why are my eBay searches now infested with garbage from that site? Is there any way to block them from showing up?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Yep, [MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION] look under more refinements you can exclude them from your searches.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
COMC is a set price/offer site, while ebay has set prices or auctions. If people don't really care what they get for a card, they list it on ebay as an auction. If they don't really care if they sell it, they list it on COMC, choose a price, and then manage that pricing manually. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the cards you're looking at were once worth whatever the price is, or close to it, but if you've got a big store updating prices can be a bear. Also, COMC charges 20% or something like that if you want to get cash from your sales, so their prices tend to be higher.