Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Race To Easter 1976 SSPC Project>>>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Ultra or Stadium Club would be good choices. We should all put money in for the box, whatever it is.
DANNY

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Did you guys buy one box for the last project? The shop near me usually has older complete sets that he sells for cheap. I think I might run over there today, and I can see what he has available.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
This is what he has. Half factory and half hand collated. He's selling 4 sets for $15.

1987 topps
1989 topps
1989 score
1989 donruss
1990 topps
1990 donruss
1991 donruss

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^Wow, nice!

I would be very interested in doing what we did last time which was give everyone "their team" and then randomize the other teams or whatever. I was just that much more interested in getting a no-named players on the Indians auto and taking the time to write the letter, envelopes, stamps, etc.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
If we do multiple sets it could give others a chance to participate. I know I would only participate if I could have the Red Sox, but I know others would like them too.

Got my 2nd post-Easter return yesterday, figures.....;)

419 Jim Willoughby1/21/20144/22/2014

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If we do multiple sets it could give others a chance to participate. I know I would only participate if I could have the Red Sox, but I know others would like them too.

Got my 2nd post-Easter return yesterday, figures.....;)

419 Jim Willoughby1/21/20144/22/2014
Do you really think we need "more" people to participate or that there is a problem with having the same number or less? The last two times it seems like 50% of the field doesn't even play after cards are sent to them haha... I feel like if you had ~28 people or one per team, you'd have 15 people who just get zero returns and you never hear from them. Sorry for being somewhat dark here but I think keeping to 10 people or so is perfect - especially if everyone plays and participates and keeps it enjoyable. Just my two cents.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Do you really think we need "more" people to participate or that there is a problem with having the same number or less? The last two times it seems like 50% of the field doesn't even play after cards are sent to them haha... I feel like if you had ~28 people or one per team, you'd have 15 people who just get zero returns and you never hear from them. Sorry for being somewhat dark here but I think keeping to 10 people or so is perfect - especially if everyone plays and participates and keeps it enjoyable. Just my two cents.

.....I hear ya.....I was a first-timer on this contest and was most glad to get the Sox. I would not have participated had I had another team. I would like to have right-of-first-refusal on the next round for the BoSox so I was trying to think of a way to allow others to participate with their team of choice. I'm game for any set. Just keep me posted.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
.....I hear ya.....I was a first-timer on this contest and was most glad to get the Sox. I would not have participated had I had another team. I would like to have right-of-first-refusal on the next round for the BoSox so I was trying to think of a way to allow others to participate with their team of choice. I'm game for any set. Just keep me posted.
I think of it like a roll-forward... if you participated in the last round when looking to do a new round, and you didn't get a zero and disappear, then you should get the right to keep your team or drop them off for another. I'm sure some guys enjoy keeping the same team and others like a change. I am like you, I would love the Indians again but don't think I'll be fighting as many people as you will be for the Red Sox. If nothing else, doing by team is just more fun IMO.

For what it's worth, I'm up for tossing in a little $ if needed to help with the next round - like if we needed to buy a complete set or box or something.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
If you guys want to do one of the sets I listed, I can pick them up on my dime. All I ask is that participants pay the shipping to get their cards.

I can also pick up the sets and give them to whoever is running this thread...I assume it's [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION]. I'm not trying to hijack someone else's thread/idea.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm feel that we should all chip in to pay for the cards. Depending on the set/year, I may do a different team other than the Yankees, in case someone else would want them.
DANNY

Champion

Aug 27, 2013
Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been on the boards lately. My family has been dealing with a serious personal issue, which didn’t leave me with much extra time. I never did get any returns from the first (and only) batch I sent out which isn’t surprising since it was only five cards. I know this already ended but I finally got around to writing all the letters and addressing all the envelopes for all the other cards. I plan on posting my returns in this thread even though Easter has already passed. Sorry I wasn’t able to participate when this actually took place but I am looking forward to showing off what does come back!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been on the boards lately. My family has been dealing with a serious personal issue, which didn’t leave me with much extra time. I never did get any returns from the first (and only) batch I sent out which isn’t surprising since it was only five cards. I know this already ended but I finally got around to writing all the letters and addressing all the envelopes for all the other cards. I plan on posting my returns in this thread even though Easter has already passed. Sorry I wasn’t able to participate when this actually took place but I am looking forward to showing off what does come back!
Hope things work out with the family issue(s), first off. Please post your returns here and/or here:http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136745
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I am game and like some of the ideas presented so far. I would like to have the Cubs again if we do it by teams as that what I am interested in pursuing for my collection. I didn't do quite as well this time and I still have a bunch out.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So I don't even remember, but I guess I sent out this card

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1398801064.105196.jpg

Don't know how I didn't even realize, but it's HOFer Robin Yount

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1398801107.694921.jpg

Maybe the R. Threw me off, maybe cuz it was a Brewer throw in to my Mets I didn't pay close attention, but anyway

The card came back unsigned in the mail today, but it was accompanied by this

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1398801190.960708.jpg

Pretty sure that auto is printed on the card, not a real auto. And it was accompanied by this

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1398801232.232399.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1398801254.763898.jpg

Pretty sure that is printed on also, but not sure

Members online

Latest posts