Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DUSTIN ACKLEY TRADED TO YANKEES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES · 12m12 minutes ago
It will be Ramon Flores and Jose Ramirez to the Mariners for Dustin Ackley, source says.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I don't get this trade at all. Aside from a small difference in BA Stephen Drew is actually having a better season than Ackley so far. Maybe they got him as a cheap serviceable 2B for the near future in case Refanyder doesn't pan out but I'd much rather them give Refanyder a chance. In the end they didn't really give anything up, but I can't imagine this helps Refsnyders chances of coming back up anytime soon.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I don't get this trade at all. Aside from a small difference in BA Stephen Drew is actually having a better season than Ackley so far. Maybe they got him as a cheap serviceable 2B for the near future in case Refanyder doesn't pan out but I'd much rather them give Refanyder a chance. In the end they didn't really give anything up, but I can't imagine this helps Refsnyders chances of coming back up anytime soon.

They gave up on Ref so quickly. Is Judge only getting 4 at bats? Severino two starts?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Well, nice to know the Yanks like bust second basemen.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Who knows where Montero's game would be at if he was traded to someone who understood he wasn't a catcher. It seems the Yanks traded him because they realized it, but the Mariners are clueless and doubled down which costs him batting development IMO. He was the worst catcher in every positional defensive category, went something like 1/17 vs SBs and the only guy he threw out tripped. (no joke)

As for Ackley.. . . he is bad but this is a move where NY realizes how terrible M's development has been over the last years and try to get more out of the player. At some point its less about the individual and more about failure at every level. Ackley is a guy who hit something like .425 over a 2 month stretch last year, so he still can be an upgrade if you somehow tap that potential. Its a shame Edgar Martinez only became hitting coach after they gave up on Ackley.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Who knows where Montero's game would be at if he was traded to someone who understood he wasn't a catcher. It seems the Yanks traded him because they realized it, but the Mariners are clueless and doubled down which costs him batting development IMO. He was the worst catcher in every positional defensive category, went something like 1/17 vs SBs and the only guy he threw out tripped. (no joke)

As for Ackley.. . . he is bad but this is a move where NY realizes how terrible M's development has been over the last years and try to get more out of the player. At some point its less about the individual and more about failure at every level. Ackley is a guy who hit something like .425 over a 2 month stretch last year, so he still can be an upgrade if you somehow tap that potential. Its a shame Edgar Martinez only became hitting coach after they gave up on Ackley.

You have given me some real hope! :D

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You have given me some real hope! :D

At the end of the day he can never be a huge failure there. He was the 2nd overall pick, and the very first hitter off the boards.. If it wasn't for Stras. coming out Ackley would have been number 1 overall, so the big failure status will always be linked to the M's.

The main good news is even if he doesn't change a thing he is going from the worst AL hitters park to the best, which is a big deal. Both are at the extreme ends of the spectrum for sure.