Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
guys, i just listed a few 90s inserts for sale in the Transactions thread - may be posting more in the next month. right now have up for sale a few 1996 CC Gold Signature Team Checklist cards from Series 2

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...checklists-clemens-bonds-mcgwire-bagwell.html

p.s. - Op, if it is illegal to link back to a transactions thread, I apologize in advance, I didn't know!
I think it's OK to link to another thread on the board... I think.

Anyways, if you come across any Belle stuff, PM me directly and I'll take a look.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
12/100
scan0026_zps0ab3bd3f.jpg

106/150
scan0027_zps47d1d4a9.jpg

[MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION]
scan0028_zps304325e3.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Already posted in the McGwire thread, but I feel needs to be thrown into the 90's thread as well for another large addition to our community :)

aqueous_small.jpg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
got a surprise card in the mail today. a while ago I got a pm from ryan [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] about this card a heads up for something I should get. long story short funds were low and had to pass on it. today this was in the mail.

Image11_zps626b54d0.jpg

what a great guy ryan is. hope to make it up to him real soon
thanks again
kevin

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
got a surprise card in the mail today. a while ago I got a pm from ryan [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] about this card a heads up for something I should get. long story short funds were low and had to pass on it. today this was in the mail.

Image11_zps626b54d0.jpg

what a great guy ryan is. hope to make it up to him real soon
thanks again
kevin

Kevin

Glad it arrived ok and is in its proper home ;). Enjoy !

Ryan

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
aight, let's get this party started a little bit more!

Picked this on up a month or so ago. 1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Gold /50 Piazza. Was in a BGS 8.5 slab and broke it out:

PiazzaMike_1999ToppsStarsLuminariesGold_31_zps067c1b02.jpg
PiazzaMike_1999ToppsStarsLuminariesGold_31_back_zps7b67fb5b.jpg

goes nicely with this Luminaries Bronze that I already owned. Both are jersey #d :)

PiazzaMike_1998ToppsStarsLuminariesBronze.jpg
PiazzaMike_1998ToppsStarsLuminariesBronze_31_zps560f1606.jpg

which also goes nicely with this 1998 Zenith Gold Impulse 5x7, picked up a month or two ago, numbered #031 /100 -- also jersey number!

PiazzaMike_1998ZenithGoldImpulse5x7_31_back_zps79e8803f.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
...long story short funds were low and had to pass on it. today this was in the mail.

For the long story, read on...
It all started on a blustery day at the Del Mar Horseracing track. I was in a tattered suit, my life spiraling out of control, ambling slowly through a crowd of fine, pinstriped suits, flowing dresses and giant flowery hats. "Sir, you dropped a dollar," a small boy looking up from his own brown derby fitted much too tight on his head pronounced as he handed me a dollar bill. "Sir?"
I noticed something about this boy as I received the half-bent bill from his hands. A special quality that I have never seen from the youth of today since 1996. His eyes were alive! Alive with the fire and exuberance of a long, far-off hobby.
"Thanks, sonny," I smile sweetly, and tuck the money into my coat pocket. The boy turns, and I watch as he slowly, but confidently makes his way through the busied crowd of excited race-goers.
The rest of the day went mildly uneventful all the way up to the last race. I had not taken much action, as I was half distracted with my earlier interaction with the boy, and the semi-elegant action of the powerful horses challenging each other on the track. Yet, the last race had me intrigued. Call it a tingle, or a sense, but I needed to make one wager that afternoon, and with the last race fast approaching I headed for the betting window before the last call.
"Ten dollars on Bernie's Blue," I confidently proclaim to the short, stout man behind the glass.
"Ah, we got a real bettin' man here," he follows as he types in the request. I reach into my back pocket and feel for my wallet, but it's gone! My hands grope around the usual spots searching for the leather encasing but come up empty.
"No! Oh no!" I let out an outburst.
"C'mon pal, you're holding up the line!" A voice behind me flows though.
"You're going to have to move it along, buddy," the man behind the glass states, looking down his nose which was holding silver, thin-framed glasses. I panic, and sweat profusely as I come to the realization that my wallet is gone. My hand fumbles to every pocket, and ends up in my coat pocket where it finds the lonely, wrinkled dollar bill-the dollar bill the small boy returned to me earlier that day.
"My last dollar..." I mutter as I hand over the remaining currency, now, the last remaining currency to my name, to the man. "One dollar on Bernie's Blue."
"Wow, a real cheapskate," snorts the racetrack employee, taking my dollar, and producing a small, white ticket which he hands to me. I am nudged out of the way as the men behind me scramble to get their remaining bets in. I stare at my ticket, realizing the fact that everything I have is gone, in the tiny, brown wallet. I hardly notice bumping into the railing as the race begins, but snap to full attention as the starting bells attack my eardrums. "And they're off!" I hear on the loud speaker.
Maybe it was fate, or karma, or call it a miracle, but there was only one bet placed on the haggled, long-haired pony named Bernie's Blue. Only one bet out of thousands bet on the limping, hurting, and aged animal, likely racing it's last race before succumbing to the calls of the dog-food companies. There was only one dollar bet on Bernie's Blue that day, the only dollar ever bet on that horse in its lifetime. ANd I was holding it in my hands.
Not only was my fate up for grabs that fateful day, but Bernie's Blue had a culmination of a decade of losing to atone for. Starting out in last place, he was quickly 4 lengths behind after the first ten feet. And it swiftly got worse. Bernie's Blue was 200 yards behind after the first half of the quarter mile race. BY the time the other horses were coming down the home stretch, Bernie's Blue was just leaning into the first turn. A swirl of emotion clouded my mind, as I half-watched, and half-dreamed the end of the race. Bernie's Blue let out a mighty roar, as his legs began to bulge with effort. His eyes seemingly turned into black coal as it stretched into a higher speed, it's legs were a blur. The lead horses' eyes began to widen as Bernie's Blue quickly came up from behind. Within seconds, Bernie's Blue was edging towards the lead with only 10 yards to go.
Yes, I could tell you how the race ends, and you would not believe me. The lore of a faraway and ultimate legend could never be repeated, or traced, or passed on. The story could be out there for the world, for the universe, to see once-and-for-all the power of love...of hope...of pride. Yet, this story must be locked away.
All you need to know is that my life did not end that day. Nor did Bernie's Blue. Thanks to an unassuming man named Ryan, Bernie's Blue came home to live with me that day.
My guardian angel? Do I have a guardian angel?
Of that I am unsure.
I am sure that Bernie's Blue is where he belongs, now, and that may be all that matters.
We're home now.
Image11_zps82443b54.jpg

Members online

Latest posts