Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

That's a lot of stickers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
One of the dumber ideas Topps has. The only way that card is going to be worth something is if there are 3 to 4 HOFers on that card. Then it will be watered down by players who had good-mediocre-to poor MLB careers on top of guys who never even made the show.

Here's what this card would have looked like if it came out in to 2004. I took the top 25 prospects from 2004. I put them qausi-order of the biggest names:

Joe Mauer, Prince Fielder, Zack Greinke, Cole Hamels, Justin Morneau, Adam Wainwright, B.J. Upton, J.J. Hardy, Rickie Weeks, Delmon Young, Grady Sizemore, Gavin Floyd, Edwin Jackson, Ervin Santana, Scott Kazmir, Bobby Crosby, Scott Hairston, Jeff Mathis, Dustin McGowan, Jeremy Reed, Andy Marte, Chin-Hui Tsao, Adam Miller, Greg Miller, Jason Stokes!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
One of the dumber ideas Topps has. The only way that card is going to be worth something is if there are 3 to 4 HOFers on that card. Then it will be watered down by players who had good-mediocre-to poor MLB careers on top of guys who never even made the show.

Here's what this card would have looked like if it came out in to 2004. I took the top 25 prospects from 2004. I put them qausi-order of the biggest names:

Joe Mauer, Prince Fielder, Zack Greinke, Cole Hamels, Justin Morneau, Adam Wainwright, B.J. Upton, J.J. Hardy, Rickie Weeks, Delmon Young, Grady Sizemore, Gavin Floyd, Edwin Jackson, Ervin Santana, Scott Kazmir, Bobby Crosby, Scott Hairston, Jeff Mathis, Dustin McGowan, Jeremy Reed, Andy Marte, Chin-Hui Tsao, Adam Miller, Greg Miller, Jason Stokes!

I agree completely, but in the short term it will sell well as every player will still have potential.

WaxPax

If you would take 2005 as an example instead of 2004 it would look a lot more appealing....

Verlander, kemp, Braun, zimmerman, Buchholtz, Butler, McCutchen, Bruce, Tulo, Weaver, Ellsbury ETC....

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
There is NO WAY this card ever gets made. Topps will string the person along for 2 years or so and then send them some BS replacement. Look at the Blowout thread where 2 members with other high-end Topps multi-player autos have been waiting well over a year with no end in site

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The sell sheet says there will be "up to" 25 sigs on this one card.

It'll get made....the question is how many sigs will be on it.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
The sell sheet says there will be "up to" 25 sigs on this one card.

It'll get made....the question is how many sigs will be on it.

You have more faith in Topps than I do. They love putting cool items like this on the sell sheet and then they sit back and bank on collectors forgetting and moving onto the next product. Where are those Mays/Aaron/Griffey Golden Ticket balls??

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
This is probably similar to the 2011 Panini National Treasures Football Rookie 36-Panel Booklet...which was a stretch as to what an "actual" booklet card appears to be.

If Topps does this right, it will truly be a booklet with full spine edges, not the comically weak Panini solution of adding plastic tabs to connect 36 separate cards. Granted, binding together 36 thick rookie patch autographs would be an incredibly difficult task...but possible...and Panini chose the innovative route to what they've claimed as "the World's Longest Trading Card." As expected, some have broken up these gimmicks and sold the individual cards.

Which brings us back to Topps. 25 players on a single booklet is absolutely possible and fairly easy assuming the stickers monsters have had their alignment vitamins the day they build it. Again...assuming stickers, although on-card would make the card easier to build as more on-card signatures can appear on a panel than stickers.

Hoping that Topps does it right and actually makes it look like a true "booklet" card.

national-treasures-36-card-booklet-farce.jpg

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
There is NO WAY this card ever gets made. Topps will string the person along for 2 years or so and then send them some BS replacement. Look at the Blowout thread where 2 members with other high-end Topps multi-player autos have been waiting well over a year with no end in site

Agreed 100%.
This card never surfaces, ever.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If you would take 2005 as an example instead of 2004 it would look a lot more appealing....

Verlander, kemp, Braun, zimmerman, Buchholtz, Butler, McCutchen, Bruce, Tulo, Weaver, Ellsbury ETC....

And the last 14 names would be?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I like the idea, it isn't much different than having an entire team's autos.

I assume people who are really into the draft would really like something like this.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I like the idea, it isn't much different than having an entire team's autos.

I assume people who are really into the draft would really like something like this.

I would prefer the team's autos. Make the card having autos of the opening day roster of the prior year's World Series champs. Or maybe the Game 1 line up. I would include this as a chase in base Topps.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Seller says after you redeem the code Topps will send the card to you........Hell they would have to make the card first and it may never happen unless they already have the players signed stickers in hand :lol:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Seller says after you redeem the code Topps will send the card to you........Hell they would have to make the card first and it may never happen unless they already have the players signed stickers in hand :lol:

With 90% of those players I know that they do. Most of them are in the top 100 set or other parallel auto sets on stickers.

Staff online

Members online