Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
He seems to have a lot of these Star promo cards available as he has posted a few mattinglys over the last few weeks. The mattinglys were very overpriced in my opinion but it seems like he is finding one or two people that will overpay to get them

I have definitely overpaid for Clark stuff in the past, but I don't know about this one. Krukcards has uncut sheets, and this guy has 4+, so the "100 print run" may be a low estimate on these Novas.

However, I need this and the 92 Silver Promo to complete my Star collection, so maybe I will overpay......dammit. Haha

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
1998 Pinnacle base, Home Stats, and Away Stats. Are these errors that have not been corrected, or do cards exist for Home and Away that include 1986 and 1987 stats?

image.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
1998 Pinnacle base, Home Stats, and Away Stats. Are these errors that have not been corrected, or do cards exist for Home and Away that include 1986 and 1987 stats?

View attachment 58186

Not really errors , and no variations exist. Basically they just replaced the 1986/87 lines with "AWAY STATS" "HOME STATS" instead of adjusting font sizes to make everything still fit with the addition of those words.

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Not really errors , and no variations exist. Basically they just replaced the 1986/87 lines with "AWAY STATS" "HOME STATS" instead of adjusting font sizes to make everything still fit with the addition of those words.

Ryan

Makes sense about the font size, but the career stats don't add up to include 86 and 87 statistics.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Makes sense about the font size, but the career stats don't add up to include 86 and 87 statistics.

Hmm , I'd have to look. It looks like HRs do, but I'd have to look at the others. That counter looks just like mine FYI.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Cool oddball Joel. I am not the biggest Miscut guy but like that one because of what the Miscut shows w/ Jose.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1454192871.405838.jpg

Thanks to Joel [MENTION=10901]Spike[/MENTION] for the heads up on the auction listing or I woulda missed it. Letter #2 , if anyone has any other please lmk. Paid $60 over what I really wanted, but it's a project one say I'd like to finish. Missed out on letter 3 a year-two ago by $10 on an offer so kicking myself about that.

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 24

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Here's a display I completed over the weekend:

Interesting. I'd love to know more. It looks like you have playoff and all-star balls. Can you give us a full list? Are they all autographed? I'm not a big auto or memorabilia collector, but that displays beautifully. Well done!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I know the feeling. I got excited when "Super Diamond King Clark" on my "Searches I Follow" tab hit last week. False alarm, though.

Here's a display I completed over the weekend:

Very nice Joel. What's the deal on each one?

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Interesting. I'd love to know more. It looks like you have playoff and all-star balls. Can you give us a full list? Are they all autographed? I'm not a big auto or memorabilia collector, but that displays beautifully. Well done!

Thanks! The top row includes signatures on a Chub Feeney ball, A. Bartlett Giamatti ball, Bill White ball, Bobby Brown ball, Gene Budig ball, and MLB ball.

The second row are balls from every All-Star game Clark played (unsigned).

The 3rd row includes a couple "22" golf balls I got from Titleist (left and right), and a "game-used" signed golf ball from Clark's own bag (center) that he used in a golf scramble I played in back in 2007. The left baseball is signed by members of a college hall of fame group, and the right baseball is a personal ball I had signed in Chicago back in 1993.

The 4th row includes a signed 1984 Olympic ball, an unsigned Gold Glove ball, and a signed 1989 World Series ball.

Finally, the last baseball is signed "William N. Clark, Jr.", which I've not seen before.

Crazy, I know......haha

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Happy Birthday Mr. Clark!
IMG_2592.jpg

Members online