Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Series 2 - not being busted much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I'm not seeing nearly the volume of cards from 2013 Topps Series 2 on eBay as there was for Series 1. Is this due to a weaker checklist? I hope some people bust this product there's a ton of players in series 2 I need! Only 6 Rockies cards in series 1, 13 cards in series 2. :(

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not seeing nearly the volume of cards from 2013 Topps Series 2 on eBay as there was for Series 1. Is this due to a weaker checklist? I hope some people bust this product there's a ton of players in series 2 I need! Only 6 Rockies cards in series 1, 13 cards in series 2. :(

Let me know what you need.
I have a bunch if singles and inserts.
Series 1 will always get busted because it is usually the first release of the season.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
No wrapper redemption for series 2 really hurts. A wrapper redemption isn't really needed for series 1, everybody's desperate for new baseball cards to bust at that time of the year. Series 2 would have really been helped out by a bonus program.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
No wrapper redemption for series 2 really hurts.

not to mention it seems like box prices drop like a rock on series 2 not long after release.

I'm just going to buy a h/c set of series 2 instead of boxes - don't want to be screwed by topps on redemptions if I were to buy boxes to try to build the series myself plus none of the inserts look appealing to me to want to collect since I know there will be a lot of inserts accumulated if I were to bust boxes.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I opened a hobby box and was pleasantly surprised at how many Rockies I pulled.

and you're right, seems few are busting the product, with good reason.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I believe a lot less of series 2 was produced compared to series 1 this year - I think comparing the odds will back this up.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Will there be any series 2 retail variations/inserts that may be hard to find that we might want to pick up instead of 6-12 months from now?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
not to mention it seems like box prices drop like a rock on series 2 not long after release.

I'm just going to buy a h/c set of series 2 instead of boxes - don't want to be screwed by topps on redemptions if I were to buy boxes to try to build the series myself plus none of the inserts look appealing to me to want to collect since I know there will be a lot of inserts accumulated if I were to bust boxes.

I think you hit the nail on the head. People who would be busting cases looking for the "big hits" are likely turned off by all the negativity surrounding redemptions. The set builders likely don't want to open boxes and end up stuck with tons of undesirable inserts.

Myself, I might pick up the odd hanger box whenever they finally arrive at my local Walmart. I'll be looking for base Jays for a team set, Arencibia, and stuff for my Zistle tradelist.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Bought 3 of the $19.99 blaster boxes from Target today. Pretty weak as far as inserts go overall but I got a Eric Kratz pink #ed /50.

Members online

Latest posts