Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone going to the "East Coast National"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Whoever wants to join, I'll be co-hosting a live group break of a case of 2013 Allen & Ginter on Saturday at 2:30pm; and even if you don't join, don't be shy and come say hi!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
How's the show for bargain box diving?

Seemed to be a few people with plenty of boxes, though I did not go for that. Submitted a few cards at BGS (unfortunately they were not ready by the time the show ended, which they warned me when I submitted). Ended up selling a few cards. Picked up an Upton Xfractor Auto and a box of A&G which I opened with the family which was fun (pulled an oversized Verlander jersey 25/25, a Chris Mortensen Auto, Puig RC and a Mo jersey as well as a ton of stuff which may or may not be super rare parallels.) One card I noticed was a Pele that was a lighter color than the rest of the cards, but no clue what that means,

Fun time, hope to go back Sunday.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here bright and shiny in time to wait in the 30 minute line to get in!

Yep, line to enter wrapped around the county center onto the sidewalk by the high way!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
In all seriousness, don't you have a dealer friend to get you a badge so you don't have to wait in line.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
the bgs wait times are a freaking joke now. When Joe C was there it was seemless. The guys they have there now are just inept. You can walk in a be one of the first in line and they will tell you "well this might not be ready by the end of the day" what kind of nonsense is that. I almost stopped subbing rcr. Its a joke

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
the bgs wait times are a freaking joke now. When Joe C was there it was seemless. The guys they have there now are just inept. You can walk in a be one of the first in line and they will tell you "well this might not be ready by the end of the day" what kind of nonsense is that. I almost stopped subbing rcr. Its a joke
I was pretty disappointed. I submitted on Thursday (and it seemed really quiet) and was told there was no way they would have it done for me that evening. I plan on going back tomorrow, but am pretty under the weather and may not make it.

On the bright side, was a fun show and there's always people who can't make it Thursday who come on the weekend so hopefully new dealers etc.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
If anyone's going today, be on the look out for a guy in a white King Crimson shirt, sea green shorts, and a green messenger bag, that's me! Say hi, I'll probably be hovering over a dime box somewhere!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Hey everyone,

Went back to the show today. Got a chance to shmooze with a ton of guys and had a really nice time. Did not buy any singles but moved a whole bunch of cards. Also got my Calvin and Hobbes book authenticated by JSA which was cool. Then I picked up a few blasters and a box of Leaf Pride of Pinstripes. Not a guy I had ever heard of but considering he played on the Yanks in 1915, I think I did ok. :) Also got a Kershaw BC Ref. Auto slab a 9.5. Always cool to buy a card on eBay and get a 9.5 on it years after the cards were released.

9539025677_fdbc67278c.jpg

9539025519_e05098ffc1.jpg

Ernie Krueger

9541815898_3333228dee.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
So I drove two hours plus to buy cards from a guy who sets up at Mansfield, right up the highway from me!

That was quite an experience. Definitely the biggest show I've been to since I was a kid, but it was definitely a museum. So many great cards, so many high prices! Also heard plenty of arguments over dealers selling for Beckett prices, with customers who were either making legit points about ebay SV, or being ******* and saying that they should get a break. One of the dealers I spent a few hours with is a NY guy who makes the rounds to the RI/MA shows, picked up 150 low #'ed cards for the PC. He had one of those annoyingly difficult Fleer Triple Crown parallels, I'd been searching for the Glaus for a few years; one turned up on Sportlots and I bought it, and he had a copy as well!

Picked up a ton of low grade 1971s for my set; the dealer was concerned I wouldn't be happy with the condition, and I pretty much told him that at 15/$1, I knew what I was getting (he was used to a more demanding vintage clientele at this show).

Most of my pickups were PC stuff, nothing too exciting (nice to be in Yankee country, the Red Sox stuff was cheap!), but I did score a 1993 Stadium Club Piazza FDI for 50¢. Also found a few cards that will be going to good homes here; I've been slacking badly about it, but I have a few piles for people I promised cards to. All in all, worth the 2 hour drive (longer on the way home, too much traffic to go 80 the whole way)!

Members online