Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hold on to those 2013 Bowman Chrome wrappers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Every Year, collectors and baseball prospectors look forward to the release of Bowman Chrome Baseball. It’s the only place where you can get Baseball’s top prospects and rookies on a beautiful shiny chrome card. Bowman Chrome delivers autographed chrome cards, colorful parallels, autograph die cuts of young Major League stars and creative inserts. Inserts include “Risin' Thru the Ranks” Minis, Bowman Black, Fit the Bill and the Blue Sapphire Refractors. Needless to say, Bowman Chrome is loaded!

But that is not all. 2013 Bowman Chrome will include a WRAPPER REDEMPTION PROGRAM featuring an exclusive Blue Wave Prospect Parallel pack, which includes randomly inserted Red Wave Parallels and Autographs. Here is how collectors can get their hands on this exclusive pack.

-Cut the UPC code off of a Hobby or Jumbo Box of Bowman Chrome and send to the address below. 1 UPC code will allow you to get one 5-card pack!

-Mail 24 Retail pack wrappers of Bowman Chrome to the address below, 24 packs will get you 1 pack

Please mail UPCs and Retail Packs to:

Bowman Chrome Blue Wave Promotion
PO BOX 2008
Duryea, PA 18642

Please note due to the limited number of blue wave packs, there is maximum of 10 packs per household and Blue Wave Packs will be redeemed ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (once packs are gone, requests will not be filled regardless if your UPCs/wrappers have been sent in). All packs and UPC codes must be postmarked Sept. 27th 2013 or after. Topps will NOT accept any wrappers or UPCs that are postmarked prior to 9/27/13.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Do a lot of people buy large quantities of retail of this stuff? At least it makes it easier for everyone busting hobby boxes.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Andrew - don't save the wrappers - it's just the UPC's for Hobby/Jumbo.

I believe that was the headline Topps used for the announcement of this program. Blowout used the same title on their boards.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Honestly, I'd also hold onto TOPPS CHROME wrappers and boxes just in case the XXXX totally completely hits the fan from distributors, dealers and collectors due to the redemptions and bc releasing.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Another awful Topps release, huh?

Why can't Topps design Bowman Chrome that it will sell itself and not need a wrapper redemption program to move product off the shelves?

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Only sending in the UPC should cause the packs to be claimed even more quickly than before. Breakers can just empty the box cut out the UPC and not have to break open all the packs first.
Why Topps doesn't just make them box toppers makes no sense, unless they have a deal with the USPS to give them more revenue.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Topps has no clue what they are doing. A wrapper redemption for Bowman Chrome is probably not needed. A wrapper redemption for Topps Series 1 is not needed. What they need a wrapper redemption for is Topps Series 2 or maybe even Update. Series 2 is almost always a slow seller (especially in relation to series 1).

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Topps has no clue what they are doing. A wrapper redemption for Bowman Chrome is probably not needed. A wrapper redemption for Topps Series 1 is not needed. What they need a wrapper redemption for is Topps Series 2 or maybe even Update. Series 2 is almost always a slow seller (especially in relation to series 1).

Topps Chrome will not need one.

I expect Bowman Chrome to be a blood bath.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I expect Bowman Chrome to be a blood bath.[/QUOTE said:
As unscientific as this is...the group breaks I am in sold well for TC. But for BC they are more than 50% unsold right now. That checklist sent a lot of people running scared.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
As unscientific as this is...the group breaks I am in sold well for TC. But for BC they are more than 50% unsold right now. That checklist sent a lot of people running scared.

Yeah, its just crazy, normally BC flies and fills up quickly everywhere.

bmc398

May 25, 2009

Unscientific? The checklist is weak at best with guys who will sell NOW. There are a few 17-18 year olds in this product that are good prospects...but that doesn't guarantee sell value now. That's a recipe for disaster with the stand alone chrome release. You might get $120 for the Blue Wave packs/UPCs....but in this you are destined to hit a LOT of $5-$10 autos.

IMO TC has the better resale value and is generally the go to for parallels of vets (over BC) so that drives some of the purchase as well....and the rookie checklist is very very very strong this year.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Unscientific? The checklist is weak at best with guys who will sell NOW. There are a few 17-18 year olds in this product that are good prospects...but that doesn't guarantee sell value now. That's a recipe for disaster with the stand alone chrome release. You might get $120 for the Blue Wave packs/UPCs....but in this you are destined to hit a LOT of $5-$10 autos.

IMO TC has the better resale value and is generally the go to for parallels of vets (over BC) so that drives some of the purchase as well....and the rookie checklist is very very very strong this year.

I agree. I am loving TC this year.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Historically Bowman Chrome as been the lesser of the Bowman releases. Strasburg, Sano, Harper, Hosmer, Lawrie and Harper/Darvish rookie autos have made a huge difference the last three years.
Topps Chrome is probably better than it has been in sometime since the 2010 checklist was one of the best at the time.

Normally of the Chromes Bowman>Topps
I would bet my bottom dollar that the Puig BC autos cost more than the Topps Chrome autos.

On the secondary market do you think that Bowman Chrome rookies of Profar will cheaper than the Topps Chrome?

And another thing why is Topps making multiple autograph Rookie cards of Profar, Olt and Darvish/Harper last year etc? Seems excessive, pointless but I guess it does add some value to the product versus lesser prospects/rookies.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Historically Bowman Chrome as been the lesser of the Bowman releases. Strasburg, Sano, Harper, Hosmer, Lawrie and Harper/Darvish rookie autos have made a huge difference the last three years.
Topps Chrome is probably better than it has been in sometime since the 2010 checklist was one of the best at the time.

Normally of the Chromes Bowman>Topps
I would bet my bottom dollar that the Puig BC autos cost more than the Topps Chrome autos.

On the secondary market do you think that Bowman Chrome rookies of Profar will cheaper than the Topps Chrome?

And another thing why is Topps making multiple autograph Rookie cards of Profar, Olt and Darvish/Harper last year etc? Seems excessive, pointless but I guess it does add some value to the product versus lesser prospects/rookies.

you are right....BC Puigs will get more than the ones from TC.

On the other hand, the Profar RC logos from TC will probably do better.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I thought I saw on Twitter where Brent cancelled 80 CASES of Bowman Chrome!

I saw that as well. He said he his distributor was ok with it since he does so much business with him. I can understand where he is coming from as the amount of time involved to break both products, list, mail out is probably more time consuming than worth the profits.
I think a lot of small time buyers are over reacting as there will be money for the product on the secondary market. If people want something bad enough they will find a way to pay for it.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jumbos seem to be doing fine. I think a lot including me don't like that they are 2 days apart. At least make them a week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I saw that as well. He said he his distributor was ok with it since he does so much business with him. I can understand where he is coming from as the amount of time involved to break both products, list, mail out is probably more time consuming than worth the profits.
I think a lot of small time buyers are over reacting as there will be money for the product on the secondary market. If people want something bad enough they will find a way to pay for it.
There will be money for the things worth buying. Outside of Puig, it ain't much...

Members online

Latest posts