Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody else have trouble with sportlots?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not so much the site, but the sellers. Plenty of these sellers have all these cards listed, I sit down at night after work trying to put things in my cart to finish off sets, and people end up just refunding me because they have it listed but don't have the card. Got pretty ticked off at a seller a few weeks ago over it. I was pretty rude I suppose. Didn't mean to be. But my point was, it takes me a while when sitting down to find the sellers with the largest amount of cards I need. I used to just pick one seller out and buy whatever they had from every set I was working on but got away from that. Much better to completely knock two or three(maybe even more) sets off at once and then wait for the cards to arrive and then do so again. But, it seems it's taking me for freaking ever to finish off sets. I've been trying to finish off 2014 and 2013 prizm stuff forever because I get down to the last few cards and here we go with the merry go round crap. It's even been happening on EBAY where I order the card I need and it never arrives(as this is usually my back up, albeit a more expensive route, for nailing down the last card if people on sportlots can't get their act together).

So my questions are has anyone else noticed this trend lately and what is going on? Why are people leaving cards on there and then they don't have them? I know some sellers may do shows and can't constantly update their inventory. But really...everyone is having this issue? All these sellers do shows? IMO, if you don't have it, don't list it. Bad thing is, aside from the wasted time, half the time I could have paid just a little extra to get it from another seller who had other cards I needed, but I chose the wrong seller who doesn't have it and now have to submit a whole new order which may end up costing me more money.

BTW, what's everyone's idea of appropriate feedback? I'm honestly starting to lean towards neutrals at the least. It's been happening on every order I place with multiple sellers. And some of them won't have half the order. Some won't even have one card if that's all I order. Don't want to burn bridges but if the bridges aren't safe to cross anyways...

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have had that problem a few times on sportlots but for the most part the sellers have been pleasant. My only issue with sportlots seems to be a decent amount of cards I get from there have some condition issues and most seller dont have scans of the card which makes it a craps shoot.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
So my questions are has anyone else noticed this trend lately and what is going on?

BTW, what's everyone's idea of appropriate feedback? I'm honestly starting to lean towards neutrals at the least.

as someone putting together sets and especially trying to finish off 2-3 of them in the last 2-3 weeks, I hear you on the "card not found" issue. I was going to recommend looking at the accuracy number on the seller's report card, but some sellers i've dealt with have manipulated that by marking all cards as shipped and then when they mail you the order, they'll include some coins as a refund to make up for the card(s) being not found. That makes the accuracy number inaccurate since it's based on the seller being honest as marking the card as "shipped" or having to mark the card as "refund-cannot find".

Luckily as a seller it's been a very long time since I've had to mark in the system a card as "refund" due to a card not being able to be located among the thousands of cards I've listed.

as for feedback on receiving an order with a missing card, I think neutral is justified, especially if the seller has gamed the system by notifying you the buyer that all cards were shipped and then you get a surprise when you open up the mailer to see a card(s) missing.

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I've been lucky and haven't run into that. I normally look through the site for my wants once a week or so.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Not so much the site, but the sellers. Plenty of these sellers have all these cards listed, I sit down at night after work trying to put things in my cart to finish off sets, and people end up just refunding me because they have it listed but don't have the card. Got pretty ticked off at a seller a few weeks ago over it. I was pretty rude I suppose. Didn't mean to be. But my point was, it takes me a while when sitting down to find the sellers with the largest amount of cards I need. I used to just pick one seller out and buy whatever they had from every set I was working on but got away from that. Much better to completely knock two or three(maybe even more) sets off at once and then wait for the cards to arrive and then do so again. But, it seems it's taking me for freaking ever to finish off sets. I've been trying to finish off 2014 and 2013 prizm stuff forever because I get down to the last few cards and here we go with the merry go round crap. It's even been happening on EBAY where I order the card I need and it never arrives(as this is usually my back up, albeit a more expensive route, for nailing down the last card if people on sportlots can't get their act together).

So my questions are has anyone else noticed this trend lately and what is going on? Why are people leaving cards on there and then they don't have them? I know some sellers may do shows and can't constantly update their inventory. But really...everyone is having this issue? All these sellers do shows? IMO, if you don't have it, don't list it. Bad thing is, aside from the wasted time, half the time I could have paid just a little extra to get it from another seller who had other cards I needed, but I chose the wrong seller who doesn't have it and now have to submit a whole new order which may end up costing me more money.

BTW, what's everyone's idea of appropriate feedback? I'm honestly starting to lean towards neutrals at the least. It's been happening on every order I place with multiple sellers. And some of them won't have half the order. Some won't even have one card if that's all I order. Don't want to burn bridges but if the bridges aren't safe to cross anyways...

What percentage of cards are missing in your experience? I did a couple of very large orders earlier this year and I'd day maybe 1% were "not found". It was enough to be a bit annoying but it was about what I expected for a "failure rate" on a site like this where people can list stuff and have it sit there for years without thinking about it.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
As a seller, I'm always hugely frustrated when I have to refund a sale because I can't find a card. I know part of the issue is just keeping track of inventory when trying to list cards on multiple sites. More than once I've traded a card and neglected to update my inventory, and it bit me. I try to keep on top of that much better now, but my accuracy is down to 99.4% which is terrible for me.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
No, I haven't had this problem, except maybe once in 14 years. I usually just stick wiith the bigger better lower shipping cost sellers. It's a good site.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Buy from me :)
Accuracy
GO.jpg
99.9%
77,663 Cards Listed
Order Speed
GO.jpg
0.2 days
17584 Cards Sold
Since 12/20/2011
Positive Feedback
GO.jpg
100.0%
1286 Positive Feedbacks
4 Neutral Feedbacks
0 Negative Feedbacks

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
as someone putting together sets and especially trying to finish off 2-3 of them in the last 2-3 weeks, I hear you on the "card not found" issue. I was going to recommend looking at the accuracy number on the seller's report card, but some sellers i've dealt with have manipulated that by marking all cards as shipped and then when they mail you the order, they'll include some coins as a refund to make up for the card(s) being not found. That makes the accuracy number inaccurate since it's based on the seller being honest as marking the card as "shipped" or having to mark the card as "refund-cannot find".

Luckily as a seller it's been a very long time since I've had to mark in the system a card as "refund" due to a card not being able to be located among the thousands of cards I've listed.

as for feedback on receiving an order with a missing card, I think neutral is justified, especially if the seller has gamed the system by notifying you the buyer that all cards were shipped and then you get a surprise when you open up the mailer to see a card(s) missing.

I expect missing cards every now and again. Some of this has been ridiculous though. The refunds are nice but they do not help me complete my sets. I'm leaning towards neutral myself.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What percentage of cards are missing in your experience? I did a couple of very large orders earlier this year and I'd day maybe 1% were "not found". It was enough to be a bit annoying but it was about what I expected for a "failure rate" on a site like this where people can list stuff and have it sit there for years without thinking about it.

Some of em, 100% of the order. Some, close to 50%. The order I got ticked off about, the guy was missing like 4 or 5 cards and it was a small order. Already perturbed, when leaving feedback, I noticed he was missing another I didn't get refunded for. That was the last straw, hence why I was harsh with the feedback.

I think a lot of good sellers are on there and I give repeat business. I rarely buy just one or two cards. But, some of these sellers are just plain lazy. I'm keeping a running list as I've grown tired of it. I have problems with a seller, I'm done with them. Even if it costs me and extra $3 to buy it on eBay.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No, I haven't had this problem, except maybe once in 14 years. I usually just stick wiith the bigger better lower shipping cost sellers. It's a good site.

I think it's a good site. Just a pain to deal with some of these guys.

My biggest question is am I being unreasonable by leaving a neutral when people play these games?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Some, close to 50%. The order I got ticked off about, the guy was missing like 4 or 5 cards and it was a small order. Already perturbed, when leaving feedback, I noticed he was missing another I didn't get refunded for. That was the last straw, hence why I was harsh with the feedback.

Wow that's bad, I was lucky enough to not experience anything like that. I think bad feedback is warranted in that case, to prevent other buyers from being ****** around.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I think it's a good site. Just a pain to deal with some of these guys.

My biggest question is am I being unreasonable by leaving a neutral when people play these games?

No, not at all. 4 or 5 cards is too many. And to not get refunded is really bad. I've seen Sportlots get rid of 1 or 2 bad sellers over the years. Good luck with this.

Members online

No members online now.