Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Allen & Ginter 32 Case Break! UNBELIEVABLE PULLS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Did Brent make money on this break? Based on his top pulls it doesn't appear so.

Allen and Ginter isn't just about the hits. Its about the sets, minis, SP inserts, and so on. There are even SP relics and autos that can sell for crazy amounts, especially for being just plain old relics

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks for sharing, pretty sweet. I don't know what I do with that many cards if I opened 32 cases lol

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
I'm surprised he did not keep his low numbered Aaron redemption, but ironically, I sold him mine from my Museum collections break:D And he got a good price for it

I only collect the red ink autos and I was building the museum collection auto set, but this Aaron is not numbered, but it is SP

Last edited:

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
Does anyone have more information on the sale of the Nelson Cruz cabinet nameplate 1/1? I'm guessing it was off-ebay because I can't find a completed listing.

Roughly 60% of my sales volume is off-eBay and is usually many of my bigger hits and sets.
I actually had 2 $600 offers on this card...I was shocked! But a master set collector had to have it, and the other was a Rangers fan

Last edited:

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
I'm glad he sold it - Hank Aaron autos suck nowdays because he signs them like he's already got one foot in the grave. It's so sad.

I'd rather have an auto of Aaron in my PC from the late 1990's/early 2000's because the auto is sharp and attractive in that timeframe of him signing cardboard.

BTW, what's with all the ***-kissing about Brent and Becca in the article -- that was the way for the blogger to get to do an article about Brent is hype about world-class customer service? For a case ripper that rips so much product, they don't know how to package sets for shipping so that they don't get damaged in shipping. I had to quit buying sets from them because I was tired of the dinged-corner damage on many cards.

Very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your sets. If you would just let me know I always stand by my sets 100%. That is what is different with me than some, as I have so much volume I can replace if need be.
I do wish you would pass along this feedback as it only helps me & other customers and I need to hear this as honestly I hear from so many customers that we pack sets better than anyone, and I take pride in the way we package them as many don't put any filler on the sides, top, bottom, as I have ordered some myself, but we pack all around, and again, will stand by it. A seller would not have customers, sales, or good feedback if they had consistent issues. And occasionally I do have a missing or damaged few cards, and since I shipped over 9,000 full sets in 2012 alone, I would expect that ever so often, but should never be a regular thing from us or anyone for that matter.

Whoever you buy from, I suggest always telling the seller. Let them try to correct.

Last edited:

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
Did Brent make money on this break? Based on his top pulls it doesn't appear so.

There was $ to be made thankfully (not always the case)... and these were not necessarily my top $ sales, just my 'best of' hits from my point of view. Not even the best $ sales in some cases. For example. Sold a black border mini set for $1200 and a 2nd set lot missing 26 cards for $950. For me Ginter is all about the minis. I have several big direct customers that only build A&G mini sets. But not every product is a money maker or even break even...it is not all about $. I know many always like to talk $ and I do myself when talking about case breaking as ROI is a big talking point, but I do collect as well and I enjoy it, and as long as you break even over the long haul and enjoy it then why not, but years ago I finally started making $ and developing a direct customer base plus avoided certain brands and high-end that way I could still have fun (although more work than most could ever imagine ... like the 760 man-hours the 80 cases of series 1 took between me, my wife, and a friend who helped) and not lose $ typically...but this one while nothing like last year was ROI wise, it was still a strong release with 100s of sets and 1000s of minis sold to go along with the 100s of relics and autos. A&G is just pure fun for me. It is my favorite being so different and working with great collectors on their minis.

Last edited:

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
This article reflected my views of my experiences of buying sets with Brent. He is fast, friendly, and ships my sets with utmost care. I think if you ever had a problem with Brent, or any reputable seller, you should contact the seller first before going public with any problems. You are insinuating that Brent doesn't know how to package sets because he is a case ripper. You should be more careful with your comments.

Craig from Texas

I'm glad he sold it - Hank Aaron autos suck nowdays because he signs them like he's already got one foot in the grave. It's so sad.

I'd rather have an auto of Aaron in my PC from the late 1990's/early 2000's because the auto is sharp and attractive in that timeframe of him signing cardboard.

BTW, what's with all the ***-kissing about Brent and Becca in the article -- that was the way for the blogger to get to do an article about Brent is hype about world-class customer service? For a case ripper that rips so much product, they don't know how to package sets for shipping so that they don't get damaged in shipping. I had to quit buying sets from them because I was tired of the dinged-corner damage on many cards.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Out of 32 cases, you'd better have some unbelieveable pulls...

Gotta love Brent and his breaks. The guy breaks more than probably anybody and you can tell he loves the hobby. Must be a rush.
That, and he loves listing and sorting. I dislike doing it for one hobby box, let alone 32 cases.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
some of those sale prices are disappointing. Guess it doesn't matter when you are just turning and burning.

Kevin

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
What exactly mean by disappointing prices? I thought he sold some of those like the Cruz for quite a bit!

Craig from Texas

some of those sale prices are disappointing. Guess it doesn't matter when you are just turning and burning.

Kevin