Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So looks like Leaf is on to something....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I'm not hiding behind a keyboard. You are hiding behind your phone. You just took the time to type all of that, yet still won't "pop the cork" despite having all of the opportunity in the world to do so. You just went and proved everything I said.

Also, what's up with the PS? I don't collect Palmeiro. I collect Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, Bill Russell, Muhammad Ali, Carlos Gonzalez, and Nick Adenhart (RIP). Not sure what you were referring to, but if you want to try and slam someone, try knowing a little something about them before doing so.

Actually, the reason I discuss it on the phone Mr. Know It All, is that I can say in words in 10 minutes, that would take an hour to type and still run the risk of losing the idea in translation or being misinterpreted. Plus, answering questions is far easier ..

I have been around way to long to let an anonymous internet poster goad me into popping the cork before it's time.

It's clear you are merely a troll with no real interest in the topic.

When this shoe drops, I am fairly confident I am the only person in this declining industry with the balls to bring it.

I can't argue with a person scared to discuss issues without the protection of a keyboard and monitor...

Time will tell all.. As I said, (please read carefully), "depending on the upcoming decision by a single licensor, I anticipate a substantial change in the industry via the legal arena."..

You can be a doubting thomas if you wish, but I put it out there and so far have done everything I wanted to in this industry and told anyone who didn't like it to bite me ( or sue me)!

BG

P.s.- Sean, I think your time would be better served looking for more Palmeiros for your collection, you can do that from behind the monitor with the keyboard...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Sean,

Don't worry about it. You'll see in time should the need arise...

I am going to reach out to Gilmo and see if we can do a special edition podcast where I lay out the legal issues and take presubmitted questions..

I think that is the most effective way to communicate the potential issues...

I do not hide behind a phone (as evidenced by my posting history).. I merely have to budget time effectively since I am currently CEO of a company than does $20+ million in sales and has over 40 different products slated for 2014..

Hopefully, Gilmo can do this and you can be a part of the questioning, as I always appreciate a good challenge (when respectfully and intelligently presented)..

Bg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Let's keep this on topic folks please.

Too important not to!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
In cardtoons, while the primary issue was parody the judge goes a step further.

In his decision, he states that the cards would be 1st amendment protected if they have news , educational or informative value..

Stats and bio do the trick..

BG

I have been holding back any comment on this as I was genuinely interested on how BG was going to make this work. Now seeing this comment it is easy to see how he plans to challenge the system. I think it is an interesting approach but one that will surely be challenged. I see this dragging on in the courts for years but if the lower court ruling is upheld and stats and bios are ruled to be educational.....I see BG winning and blowing the doors wide open.

On a personal note I can see his argument. Many guys my age learned about math when reading the stats on the back of cards. BG, in my humble opinion as a non-lawyer has a valid argument here. BG When do you plan on challenging this? I am just curious.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
BG, I dont have a dog in this fight but I can honestly say the Sean C was one of the original guys who go all the way back to the Beckett boards. He was always one of the most knowledgeable guys that I can think of regarding the hobby. He has not posted much for a few years. Just wanted to give you a little background. Sean has the respect of many guys who have been in this hobby for a long time and who matter.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
BG, I dont have a dog in this fight but I can honestly say the Sean C was one of the original guys who go all the way back to the Beckett boards. He was always one of the most knowledgeable guys that I can think of regarding the hobby. He has not posted much for a few years. Just wanted to give you a little background. Sean has the respect of many guys who have been in this hobby for a long time and who matter.

I knew the above to be true, however it is also quite easy to see his bias against virtually anything Leaf...
I appreciate that he has an opinion, but have yet to see a post in agreement with me which leads me to question genuineness..
BG

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to me to be remembered.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I love FCB, but these threads are why we are bleeding members. BG, I have no issue with you. You have manned up to your mistakes and done, in my opinion, everything you believe possible to help the industry.

All that said, BG, you are killing FCB. Nobody leaves this site because Topps has pissed them off. Over the years, we have bled members away because of Razor/Leaf. BG, I think you're a good guy at heart. You are also a cancer that has been killing FCB for years.

Don't leave the industry. Keep pushing it to the edge. Keep making products that cause great debates among collectors. Do all of that. But leave FCB. Not because we don't want you here but because you're bad for us.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I love FCB, but these threads are why we are bleeding members. BG, I have no issue with you. You have manned up to your mistakes and done, in my opinion, everything you believe possible to help the industry.

All that said, BG, you are killing FCB. Nobody leaves this site because Topps has pissed them off. Over the years, we have bled members away because of Razor/Leaf. BG, I think you're a good guy at heart. You are also a cancer that has been killing FCB for years.

Don't leave the industry. Keep pushing it to the edge. Keep making products that cause great debates among collectors. Do all of that. But leave FCB. Not because we don't want you here but because you're bad for us.

I don't understand the logic here. Why would a person who collects cards have the train of thought of: "I don't want to spend any more time on that site because the CEO of a card company actually takes the time to post there"?

Personally, I think it's cool as heck that BG posts here regularly. I don't always read his posts. Those I do read, I don't always agree with. But I think it's awesome that he takes his time to interact with us.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
BG...Keep doing what you are doing...Thank you for having the high tolerance to stick around. Look forward to future products.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
If I were to post on the forum a strategy to steal cards from another member. For the good of the hobby, not for income because I already have enough money to last me a lifetime. Then, you would wait until I actually stole the cards before you would comment on it?

I disagree. I've been on a break from commenting on FCB just because I've been so busy with a new work schedule (although I have been dropping in and reading threads still), but it was a couple of recent Leaf-related threads that lured me back in. It's nice and dandy to read about a member's latest Darryl Kile pickup or whatever, but if you have no interest in said player, then it's really just casual chitchat. THIS thread, however, deals with an issue that has the potential to effect just about every single collector. And BG, as the only board member here likely to become entangled in any kind of legal battle that could seriously impact the industry that Topps has hoarded over the years, can possibly provide more insight into this than anyone else. THAT keeps me logging in every day and checking this thread.

Also, every single board member here gets pissed off and attacks other members once they feel they've been attacked themselves. BG made a post and immediately had members taking the "guilty until proven innocent" apporach, and accusing him af trying to destroy Leaf, damage MLB's image, and kill free speech for the sake of making a bunch of money. How on Earth do you expect someone to NOT get aggressive and try to defend themselves against that kind of crap?! If Sean and TwinGnats really think that is what's GOING to happen in the future, then just wait it out and if it happens, go ahead and blast BG for taking advantage of the industry like that. But don't come out and make accusations like that and then expect to gain a whole lot of respect and friendly replies thrown your way. If you ask me, a couple board members went way too far and steered this thread into a hate match, and BG was not one of them. And I'd say you topped those other members by using the strongest language yet in calling him a cancer. How do you expect someone to react to something like that? Should he apologize, delete his account, and send you a bunch of free boxes of cards? He'll probably tell you to FU@K off as you would if someone said that to you...and that wouldn't make him a cancer...it would make him just like any one of us.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I disagree. I've been on a break from commenting on FCB just because I've been so busy with a new work schedule (although I have been dropping in and reading threads still), but it was a couple of recent Leaf-related threads that lured me back in. It's nice and dandy to read about a member's latest Darryl Kile pickup or whatever, but if you have no interest in said player, then it's really just casual chitchat. THIS thread, however, deals with an issue that has the potential to effect just about every single collector. And BG, as the only board member here likely to become entangled in any kind of legal battle that could seriously impact the industry that Topps has hoarded over the years, can possibly provide more insight into this than anyone else. THAT keeps me logging in every day and checking this thread.

Also, every single board member here gets pissed off and attacks other members once they feel they've been attacked themselves. BG made a post and immediately had members taking the "guilty until proven innocent" apporach, and accusing him af trying to destroy Leaf, damage MLB's image, and kill free speech for the sake of making a bunch of money. How on Earth do you expect someone to NOT get aggressive and try to defend themselves against that kind of crap?! If Sean and TwinGnats really think that is what's GOING to happen in the future, then just wait it out and if it happens, go ahead and blast BG for taking advantage of the industry like that. But don't come out and make accusations like that and then expect to gain a whole lot of respect and friendly replies thrown your way. If you ask me, a couple board members went way too far and steered this thread into a hate match, and BG was not one of them. And I'd say you topped those other members by using the strongest language yet in calling him a cancer. How do you expect someone to react to something like that? Should he apologize, delete his account, and send you a bunch of free boxes of cards? He'll probably tell you to FU@K off as you would if someone said that to you...and that wouldn't make him a cancer...it would make him just like any one of us.

Well said.

If the bulk of the FCB community thinks we hurt the site, I'd be glad to leave... I care about this site and the industry...

In my opinion, I think the lynch mobs (a sampling of which exists in this very thread) is why members have left...

Gilmore, if you think the site is better without us PM and I'll make it easy on you...

If however, you want the truth. If you want to see behind the curtain. If you want to put down the KoolAid you have been forced to drink by this hobby, ....... I am willing to stay and be part of what will someday be a trading card revolution...

Your call gang.... BG

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Well said.

If the bulk of the FCB community thinks we hurt the site, I'd be glad to leave... I care about this site and the industry...

In my opinion, I think the lynch mobs (a sampling of which exists in this very thread) is why members have left...

Gilmore, if you think the site is better without us PM and I'll make it easy on you...

If however, you want the truth. If you want to see behind the curtain. If you want to put down the KoolAid you have been forced to drink by this hobby, ....... I am willing to stay and be part of what will someday be a trading card revolution...

Your call gang.... BG

I think you are an asset to this site. I can only wish that Topps, UD, Panini cared as much as you do.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I will ask again...

People in this thread say Leaf is stealing something or going to steal something. What am I missing?

They think if we challenge the use of the jerseys worn by players (by not airbrushing), that we are stealing EVEN IF the law allows it... BG

P.S- where are these licensor patriots when some one makes a custom card on the site featuring logos?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I think you are an asset to this site. I can only wish that Topps, UD, Panini cared as much as you do.

I think they do care. They might not see the value of this level of interaction with consumers. The lynch mob in this thread are a great example why they may feel that way...

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
BG most of us here like having you here. If your a fan or not I still think we like having a guy from a card company to answer questions. give direct updates and information, etc. Leaf has made great strides since the razor debauchery and I hope to see more good products.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I will ask again...

People in this thread say Leaf is stealing something or going to steal something. What am I missing?

I believe this is in reference to Leaf possibly "stealing" copyrighted trademarks / logos without paying for the rights. But using the 1st amendment or decisions in court cases to do so.

Ryan

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
If I am being included in "the lynch mob" then reread what I said. I think BG is a huge asset to the baseball card community. His presence here has been destructive.

I do not intend to anger anyone. I will not feed the fire any longer. I will, however, go start the Darryl Kile thread that was derided without even existing.

Members online

Latest posts