Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate these kinds of cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
If Bagwell was alone on a card with a ptch like this, numbered to this, it would be a 75-100 dollar card. But add Griffey and Pujols, and its astronomically priced. I hate it when players share cards. Am i alone in thinking this?

$(KGrHqN,!rcFI44BSYfiBSY!Z8LEmg~~60_57.JPG

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I hate it too. The only multi player cards I somewhat like are of players all on the same team.

Julz24

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
I actually kinda like the combo players cards. Only problem for me is that I hardly ever agree with the player choices.

I'd like to see a combo card of the same player, three different pictures, three different jerseys!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I like the combo cards only when they are teammates or play same position. What's the connection with Griffey, Bags and Pujols? Another one would be starting all star outfielders otherwise they should be on the same team.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Eh, maybe a $50 card with Bagwell solo. But yeah, I get your point. It can be pure hell trying to land rare stuff with big time players on it.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
50/50 on these sometimes they are cool other times not so much. The serial number is also one of Griffeys jersey numbers as a red. That hurts Bags an Albert collectors...

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I actually kinda like the combo players cards. Only problem for me is that I hardly ever agree with the player choices.

I'd like to see a combo card of the same player, three different pictures, three different jerseys!

I like this idea, if he played for different teams. Take a Griffey, put in a swatch from the Mariners, Reds, and White Sox. That would be cool to see.

Or

Take Bagwell, Use the Rainbow Jersey pre 94, the Blue and gold 94-99, and Brick/pinstripes from 2000-06... That would make for a cool card as well.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think the biggest opposition to that type of card is from the person who collects a "lesser" player featured on the card and either has to "overpay" to own it or loses out to a bigger budget star player/set collector.

I think just about every collector has at least one of these cards out there and some are unlucky enough to have more. I cringe ever time I see a new checklist with a multiplayer card with a better player on it. Garvey has been paired with the likes of Koufax, Murray, McCovey, Mattingly, R. Henderson, Gwynn, J. Robinson, Hodges, A.Pujols and others on high end cards. Some I have a chance to own, others i will not.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I hate it too. The only multi player cards I somewhat like are of players all on the same team.

Agreed.I'm a team collector for the most part, so I seldom pursue cards with players on teams I don't care about.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Years ago Topps made a dual on card autograph in Bowman's Best of Rodriguez and Ripkin.You know there are die hard Ripkin collectors who shelled out big money for that and cringe when they see a steroid user on the same card as a classy player like Ripkin.That sucks.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Indeed. I wonder what the Cal Ripken collectors think about it as well...

;)

Years ago Topps made a dual on card autograph in Bowman's Best of Rodriguez and Ripkin.You know there are die hard Ripkin collectors who shelled out big money for that and cringe when they see a steroid user on the same card as a classy player like Ripkin.That sucks.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Indeed. I wonder what the Cal Ripken collectors think about it as well...

;)

I remember seeing that card on the sell sheet or Beckett ad, and thought to myself "what an awesome card that would be to own".I would think it would hurt value as well.I know I wouldn't bid as much on it.

There is another card in the set all signed on card by Bonds, Ripkin, and Rodriguez.Another card that undoubtedly cost hundreds once upon a time.

Members online

Latest posts