Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun responds to boos in Philly with 3 homers, 7 rbi.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN -- PHILADELPHIA -- Ryan Braun has made it eminently clear that taunts, chants and boos aren't going to faze him.

Philadelphia fans, true to their reputation, gave Braun the business throughout the Phillies' home opener today, with loud boos and periodic chants of "Ster-oids! Ster-oids!"

Braun responded in classic "bring it on" mode.

He hit three home runs, drove in seven runs and made a dazzling catch in right field to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 10-4 victory at Citizens Bank Park.

"I love it," Braun said after the game. "It's great. Seriously, as a competitor, I really do enjoy it. This is a challenging game for all of us, and it's a long season and playing in an environment like this is motivating."

Last edited:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm glad Braun shut 'em up. Stupid Philly fans who never shut their yap's.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
can't keep track anymore, but aren't you a Phillies fan?

Yeah, I am. I didn't say a Phillies fan, I said a dumb Philly fan, which Philadelphia has more than enough of. Didn't know I had to be a fan by the rules of anyone on FCB.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm not a "dumb" or "loud" Phllies fan, just a Baseball fan. But shouldn't every non-Brewers or non-"U" fan boo Ryan Braun at every oppurtunity, at least for a coupla months?

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I'm not a "dumb" or "loud" Phllies fan, just a Baseball fan. But shouldn't every non-Brewers or non-"U" fan boo Ryan Braun at every oppurtunity, at least for a coupla months?

Yes they should. I am bias and even I think Braun is a huge ****** for how he handled the entire situation.

However, I do find it entertaining when the Brewers play teams like the Red Sox, and the fans are going nuts booing Braun. Those same fans who hold Big Papi and Manny Ramirez on a pedestal.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Maybe Papelbon should throw a fastball at Brauns head, that way he might actually be liked in Philly.......

Members online