Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Very simply, What was the greatest moment in Baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Aaron breaking the record, Joe Carter dancing around the bases, Babe's called shot, Ripkin breaking the iron mans record, Earthquake in Cali, or whatever.
In you opinions, what was the greatest, or most important or moving moment in the history of the game?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In you opinions, what was the greatest, or most important or moving moment in the history of the game?

Greatest: Roger Maris's battle with Mickey Mantle to break Ruth's HR record in 1961.

Most important: Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier.

Most moving: Lou Gehrig's "Luckiest man on the face of the Earth" speech

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Mazeroski's homer for one simple reason: Countless kids have stood in their backyards and pretended they hit a home run in the ultimate situation of "World Series...Game 7...bottom of the 9th...game tied...here's the pitch..."

In the history of Major League Baseball, only one man has ever actually accomplished that feat.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Greatest: Roger Maris's battle with Mickey Mantle to break Ruth's HR record in 1961.

Most important: Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier.

Most moving: Lou Gehrig's "Luckiest man on the face of the Earth" speech

Nice list. Greatest M&M boys? I would say Big Mac & Sosa sort of tainted this accomplistment.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
For me there will always be one answer to this question and I'm a Yankees fan....

Kirk Gibson - I told my father the next morning that the World Series was over (he had gone to bed early) and he laughed, saying it's only one game etc. "yeah Dad - but you didn't SEE it!"

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Bobby Thompson's "Shot heard around the world", off of Branca! "THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT. THEY'RE GOING CRAZY FOLKS, THEY'RE GOING CRAZY!!!!"

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Carter dancing around the bases was certainly NOT the greatest moment. More like the worst.

The greatest moment was Tug McGraw striking out Willie Wilson to win the 1980 World Series for the Phillies and 10-year-old me, ending 97 years of loserdom.

Members online

Latest posts