Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DECEMBER 2018 PICKUPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Snagged a 2012 Topps Heritage Mike Stanton "W" back SSP. For those not in the know, the W column is supposed to be Runs.

Vz6caDc.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You really have to pay close attention these days. Not sure I'd ever catch that w/o knowing ahead of time AND I can barely read most card backs anyways unless I have good light and glasses.

Snagged a 2012 Topps Heritage Mike Stanton "W" back SSP. For those not in the know, the W column is supposed to be Runs.

Vz6caDc.jpg

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
I've stopped posting what I acquire, just because there is so much, to zero fanfare (which is ... o.k.) but this one folks may slightly appreciate.View attachment 85400

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Please don't let the fanfare (or lack of) deter you from posting. There are plenty of stalkers like me that like to see everything, but if I commented on everything I saw that I had a thought about, then there would be thousands of useless posts. In addition to seeing cards I like, it's nice to see what makes other people happy. I like seeing baseball prospects that I have no clue who they are, hockey cards even though I don't think I can name 2 people in the NHL, non-sport that I don't know what show or movie it is, and on and on. I would not usually comment on the Unitas even though I love that set design and think checks make some of the best cut signature cards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Please don't let the fanfare (or lack of) deter you from posting. There are plenty of stalkers like me that like to see everything, but if I commented on everything I saw that I had a thought about, then there would be thousands of useless posts. In addition to seeing cards I like, it's nice to see what makes other people happy. I like seeing baseball prospects that I have no clue who they are, hockey cards even though I don't think I can name 2 people in the NHL, non-sport that I don't know what show or movie it is, and on and on. I would not usually comment on the Unitas even though I love that set design and think checks make some of the best cut signature cards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Thank ya kindly. I don't ever tell enjoy fanfare, but when there's stuff I'm amped about and actually have the (Natrone) means to acquire it and there's crickets, that's a bit troublesome, in my convoluted wasteland of a mind.

Here's some more stuff that's been acquired as of late ...
IMG_20181226_174534_278.jpeg20181226_173809.jpegIMG_20181226_174419_037.jpeg20181226_172916.jpeg20181226_172843.jpegIMG_20181223_195135_521.jpegIMG_20181223_195408_053.jpegIMG_20181223_194755_936.jpegIMG_20181219_001056_102.jpegIMG_20181216_194622_086.jpegIMG_20181216_203437_798.jpegIMG_20181219_000934_787.jpegIMG_20181216_193047_297.jpegIMG_20181214_001421_570.jpegIMG_20181207_213417_861.jpegIMG_20181213_232759_963.jpeg

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
You really have to pay close attention these days. Not sure I'd ever catch that w/o knowing ahead of time AND I can barely read most card backs anyways unless I have good light and glasses.

I wouldn't have caught that on my own either! Luckily, Topps (and others) compile a list of Heritage SSPs. It's still fun looking through my cards to see if I happen to have a variation.

In 2011, there are some more subtle errors. Bengie Molina has the wrong birthdate, for example.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't think you are alone in your thinking. I have a blog and although it has come to mostly death notifications these days, I would spend time writing a story about some collectible and have nobody comment. I often wondered if anyone else cared at all? I can echo the sentiments of mhcook as well though. I enjoy seeing and reading about new players and items I might not be aware of and witnessing the joy one shares from finding a toughie is fun but it just seems like adding a "cool pick-up bro" seems useless. I guess if nothing else, it shows the person that someone did care about their comment.

Om a somewhat related note, earlier this year I wrote a story that was going to be posted here. It was while I was on a business trip to Connecticut and it including a few plot lines that I thought were pretty cool (all related to my trip, meeting up with another site member, making my inaugural journey to Cooperstown and of course, collectibles, so still somewhat relevant). I probably spent an hour or so writing, editing and adding pictures. I was very excited to post it and see what people thought. When I went to post it, the computer or the site froze up and I had to close the browser window. I ended up losing the story and since it was late and I had to work the next morning, I didn't try to rewrite it. I didn't have time the rest of the trip and had always intended to rewrite it once I got home, but time ticked away and the small details that I thought were cool to building the story started to fade. Although I was excited to share the story and experience, I suspect that I would have been the only one to actually really appreciate it. I suspect maybe a few "cool story bro" type comments would have been made all the same, but I don't think anybody would have appreciated it as much as I did.

Thank ya kindly. I don't ever tell enjoy fanfare, but when there's stuff I'm amped about and actually have the (Natrone) means to acquire it and there's crickets, that's a bit troublesome, in my convoluted wasteland of a mind.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Cool pickups bros! But seriously I echo others, I like to browse yo stuff even if it’s outside the random crap I collect. I can appreciate a cool card whether it’s $1 or $1k or whether I’d buy it or pass. Cards kick ass

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I don't think you are alone in your thinking. I have a blog and although it has come to mostly death notifications these days, I would spend time writing a story about some collectible and have nobody comment. I often wondered if anyone else cared at all? I can echo the sentiments of mhcook as well though. I enjoy seeing and reading about new players and items I might not be aware of and witnessing the joy one shares from finding a toughie is fun but it just seems like adding a "cool pick-up bro" seems useless. I guess if nothing else, it shows the person that someone did care about their comment.

Om a somewhat related note, earlier this year I wrote a story that was going to be posted here. It was while I was on a business trip to Connecticut and it including a few plot lines that I thought were pretty cool (all related to my trip, meeting up with another site member, making my inaugural journey to Cooperstown and of course, collectibles, so still somewhat relevant). I probably spent an hour or so writing, editing and adding pictures. I was very excited to post it and see what people thought. When I went to post it, the computer or the site froze up and I had to close the browser window. I ended up losing the story and since it was late and I had to work the next morning, I didn't try to rewrite it. I didn't have time the rest of the trip and had always intended to rewrite it once I got home, but time ticked away and the small details that I thought were cool to building the story started to fade. Although I was excited to share the story and experience, I suspect that I would have been the only one to actually really appreciate it. I suspect maybe a few "cool story bro" type comments would have been made all the same, but I don't think anybody would have appreciated it as much as I did.
I concur. There's some stuff on here, I read and then I'm either sitting on the ****ter at work or at home and Naomi distracts me, then my time for an immediate reply runs away and I completely forget. I just always hope one of the random miscellaneous cards in my cavalcade of nonsense sparks someone's fancy and they reply.

I'm all for Bowman Chrome and prospecting, but I'm not one to comment on it or care for it that much. The vintage stuff I appreciate, bit know nothing about, other than astronomical values.

Stuff from the 80s through '06 is the stuff in my wheelhouse. When I happen upon someone that makes me turn my head from that time frame, I get amped and start rambling like the fanboy that I am.

But, I agree. I wish there was more deep-rooted interaction on all levels of social media and the message boards. I love reading hobby stories and stuff that a true collector stumbles upon. Makes me smile because I know that there's more folks out there like me, not just trying to make a living on flipping cardboard.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Beautiful signature on the Puckett [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION]. You don't see those every (any) day.

Members online