Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Sweet Spot Bat Barrel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Anyone here collecting a set of these? I haven't seen if anyone is but probably missed it.

Still hoping to track down 4/4.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 58
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 52
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 52

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
That's impressive! I've yet to own any barrels.

Thanks. They are pretty cool. I had one other (Will Clark) but parted with it a few years ago. Hope to track down the 4/4 card.

Wow, that's INSANE you have three of the four of these LOL - Really sweet!

Haha, thanks. What's really insane is that the cards often sell for more than an actual full bat (I have about 10 of those).

Did you get the Murray/Belle 1/1 card? [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Anyone here collecting a set of these? I haven't seen if anyone is but probably missed it.

Still hoping to track down 4/4.

The third one is awesome. I love the scuff across the name. Where do you live? I'm from ND just like Erstad. Have always liked him and thought he played one hell of a mean game.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Nice progress Plastic, Im not going after any set or particular players but i do pick up Bat Barrels of any Hofers or Player I feel will or should be a hofer and I have these 2 as a result:

GarySheffieldBatBarrel5of6.jpg

JeffKentBatBarrel2of4.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks. They are pretty cool. I had one other (Will Clark) but parted with it a few years ago. Hope to track down the 4/4 card.

Haha, thanks. What's really insane is that the cards often sell for more than an actual full bat (I have about 10 of those).

Did you get the Murray/Belle 1/1 card? @MansGame

Good question and was about to ask you as well... I passed on it... I knew it would be a blood bath... I got the /3 one for like $105 or something stupid, so I knew the 1/1 would be deadly... not worth $200 to me; I'll pass at that price. I'm assuming you stayed away as well?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
The third one is awesome. I love the scuff across the name. Where do you live? I'm from ND just like Erstad. Have always liked him and thought he played one hell of a mean game.

I am in MN. I started collecting him in 1995 when SP Top Prospects released. Met his sister in early 1996, she was doing her student teaching in a city not far from here. For a few years I helped her and his mom collect Darin's cards. They were really generous to me and I've got a ton of cool stuff.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
@mlbsalltimegreats - nice cards. I've always liked the barrel cards. Had I not been heavily collecting 4 players those are something I probably would have collected heavy.

[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] - Wow, that did go pretty high. I've never paid more than about $150 for any Murray 1/1. Most were much cheaper. I'm in a weird place with my collection. Had to trim down my pursuits for the time being. Haven't picked up much outside of some game used items (a few jerseys, batting helmet and a few bats) and scattered Erstad's.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
@mlbsalltimegreats - nice cards. I've always liked the barrel cards. Had I not been heavily collecting 4 players those are something I probably would have collected heavy.

@MansGame - Wow, that did go pretty high. I've never paid more than about $150 for any Murray 1/1. Most were much cheaper. I'm in a weird place with my collection. Had to trim down my pursuits for the time being. Haven't picked up much outside of some game used items (a few jerseys, batting helmet and a few bats) and scattered Erstad's.

I have taken the approach recently that I am not going to get EVERY Belle card and clearly on the Trio or Dual player cards, there are other blood thirsty collectors and I'm just not going to go nuts over a card which frankly isn't all that cool and especially Belle's part of the card... I think Topps is OUT of anything other than questionable bat pieces IMO.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I have taken the approach recently that I am not going to get EVERY Belle card and clearly on the Trio or Dual player cards, there are other blood thirsty collectors and I'm just not going to go nuts over a card which frankly isn't all that cool and especially Belle's part of the card... I think Topps is OUT of anything other than questionable bat pieces IMO.

Yeah, you've gotta draw the line somewhere haha. Really dig following your collections progress. Keep up the good work. Do you have a want list published somewhere?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah, you've gotta draw the line somewhere haha. Really dig following your collections progress. Keep up the good work. Do you have a want list published somewhere?

Working on it. Have a Belle website in my sights as far as starting but might be a longer project than expected.

Id be happy to send you a PDF of my master list if you'd like. Any leads, etc. are always helpful!

Like most, 1998 Topps tek base and diffractors AND 1999 tek Golds are the killer hunt

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Working on it. Have a Belle website in my sights as far as starting but might be a longer project than expected.

Id be happy to send you a PDF of my master list if you'd like. Any leads, etc. are always helpful!

Like most, 1998 Topps tek base and diffractors AND 1999 tek Golds are the killer hunt

Yeah send it over:
josh at clark22murray33 dot com

Members online