Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Flashing back to june 1990 courtesy of baseball Cards Magazine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
One more, as I have about 10 of these I got for free from a local shop. If anyone wants a whole issue or any part, just pay postage (or SASE) and it's yours! For fun, I destroyed one copy (it's not the first and probably won't be the last - They are worth less than the recycling effort it seems).

Some fun ads, prices on stuff and a few more free card inserts. This was a better magazine in the early to mid 80s and went the way of most card magazines of the day, packed mostly with ads!!! This one still had a few color features and every once in a while, they did a complete player checklist, which was great prior to the internet. Boggs was the subject this go around.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I love the Reggie ad and it looks like I have a canseco magnet to chase!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I love the Reggie ad and it looks like I have a canseco magnet to chase!

Yeah it def exists. I have 1-2 of the Wills. The other items pictures like the coffee mugs, I have multiple variations and I used to have 2 variations of the beer mug size and no one in my house claims to know what happened to them ;(

Ryan

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
1990 is when I started collecting. I wish I have focused on build baseball sets and vintage card then. Instead of all the crap I bought.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Should've bought more '90 Donruss, as the speculation was correct (in the Rotman Collectibles ad).

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Man, how many player collectors would love to go back in time and order these now "odd-balls?"
th

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Well at least the 1990 football score update sets were a good deal. These ads really make me remember how gigantic the hobby was back then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts