Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got prison ***** by Etopps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
the problem is topps CAN'T dump these. The idea was that these were supposed to be held at topps and traded online, its funny that the one thing that topps is using
against us, will keep them from actually getting rid of these cards. They can't force anyone to take delivery of these cards, the are under the obligation to keep them, if they ever want to move them they have to offer a shipping rate that will make us want to move them out. Kind of a catch 22 for topps. If anyone remembers the pit the same
thing happened there. I even want to say at one point topps owned the pit. That site is still up becuase they can't close it, they have people's cards.

KEvin

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well the pit or topps can offer a reduced shipping rate and then destroy any remaining cards couldn't they? Of course they'd have to give due notice this would happen but I don't see why they couldn't. Whats to stop them?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
what's to stop them? How about tens of thousands of dollars in e-cards sitting in online portfolios? Even they don't have the balls to dump that.

Kevin

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
From the eTopps Terms and Conditions page:

At present, there is no charge to create or maintain a Portfolio on the Web Site. However, the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and at any time, to impose a fee or fees, and to change those fees, for storage expenses and/or the creation and maintenance of a Portfolio on the Web Site.

In addition, the Company may, in its sole discretion, for any reason or for no reason, and at any time, either cancel the account of any particular user/account holder, or cancel the etopps program altogether. In either event, the Company shall notify the affected user/account holders promptly, and shall send the affected user/account holders all cards then in his/her etopps Portfolio (except as provided for herein), and will bill the account holder's credit card for the cost of shipping, handling and insurance. The account holder is responsible for all shipping, handling and insurance costs.

They don't have any obligation to keep online portfolios free of charge forever. They have already stopped making the cards, so it's a matter of time before they either for collector's hands by starting to charge a fee for holding the cards, or forcing delivery for whatever price they want and charging it to your credit card.

I have about 40 cards in my portfolio, I've been putting off having them shipped because there are still a couple of A's cards I don't have and I don't want to find them later and have to pay the super-exorbitant first card shipping fee just to get that one shipped to me - I want to get my buttraping all at once.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
From the eTopps Terms and Conditions page:

At present, there is no charge to create or maintain a Portfolio on the Web Site. However, the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and at any time, to impose a fee or fees, and to change those fees, for storage expenses and/or the creation and maintenance of a Portfolio on the Web Site.

In addition, the Company may, in its sole discretion, for any reason or for no reason, and at any time, either cancel the account of any particular user/account holder, or cancel the etopps program altogether. In either event, the Company shall notify the affected user/account holders promptly, and shall send the affected user/account holders all cards then in his/her etopps Portfolio (except as provided for herein), and will bill the account holder's credit card for the cost of shipping, handling and insurance. The account holder is responsible for all shipping, handling and insurance costs.

They don't have any obligation to keep online portfolios free of charge forever. They have already stopped making the cards, so it's a matter of time before they either for collector's hands by starting to charge a fee for holding the cards, or forcing delivery for whatever price they want and charging it to your credit card.

I have about 40 cards in my portfolio, I've been putting off having them shipped because there are still a couple of A's cards I don't have and I don't want to find them later and have to pay the super-exorbitant first card shipping fee just to get that one shipped to me - I want to get my buttraping all at once.

So, based on the terms and conditions, actually waiving your rights to your portfolio and letting them destroy the cards seems almost like a pleasant idea now.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
what's to stop them? How about tens of thousands of dollars in e-cards sitting in online portfolios? Even they don't have the balls to dump that.

Kevin

Not saying they dump them but hell, the cards have already been paid for so really, all they would stand to gain is shipping fees. But given the post below yours, they may end up trying to collect on those too. I'd imagine people would be pissed for being charged to ship when they don't want the cards at the going shipping rate. So that's why I'm wondering if they don't just offer to close your account and destroy the cards. Either way they win because the cards have been paid for. Either pay more to have them in hand or don't get them at all...topps made their money.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
What is The Pit anyway?I have heard about it before, but never understood what it was.

<brpbr>

May 19, 2010
if any of you want to unload your etopps account (ID and password) for a fraction of what it's worth, I'll buy.

It's more than you'll get by just letting it sit there.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
if any of you want to unload your etopps account (ID and password) for a fraction of what it's worth, I'll buy.

It's more than you'll get by just letting it sit there.

Dont think I'm going to make any transactions with an account that was made 2 years ago, has 2 posts and a gibberish login name....

<brpbr>

May 19, 2010
I have to concede, that is a really unique user name.
I was very confused when I tried logging in, and it wouldn't let me... then when I requested a new password, it said THAT was my username. Must be a glitch.

I guess I don't blame you for not wanting to do business with me, but people on other forums don't seem to have a problem.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I was very confused when I tried logging in, and it wouldn't let me... then when I requested a new password, it said THAT was my username. Must be a glitch.

I guess I don't blame you for not wanting to do business with me, but people on other forums don't seem to have a problem.

You're new here though. I'd suggest getting some feedback under your belt before you go trying to buy people's e-topps accounts.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I had forgotten about Etopps. Just logged in for the first time in years and see that I have 17 cards with a value of $9.56.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
You guys realize there are avenues to pursue for issues like this. Its called price gouging and formal complaints can be made with the NY Attorney General.

Companies can't charge exorbitant shipping costs in an effort to dissuade customers from taking ownership of something they purchased and is rightfully theirs.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You guys realize there are avenues to pursue for issues like this. Its called price gouging and formal complaints can be made with the NY Attorney General.

Companies can't charge exorbitant shipping costs in an effort to dissuade customers from taking ownership of something they purchased and is rightfully theirs.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ok. But they could pull the old "most of this covers handling" trick. I'm sure they'd get out of it somehow.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Were the shipping price not evident when you signed up? If so, could you get out of that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts