Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I should be able to leave feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I was trying to finish my 2018 topps archives set and bought the last sp's off someone on e-bay. 4 cards for 8 bucks shipped. I only needed 3 of them but sportslots came out to be 12 bucks shipped so I went with the guy on e-bay. A few days goes by and poof its gone. He sent me a message he no longer has the cards and cant find them. he may have sent them to someone else. Well. I did my part and he didn't. I never left a negative before but to post and sell cards you don't have... Well... but I cant leave any feedback at all.... That isn't right.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
yes he did. but that's not the point...

unless you were getting items at far below normal prices (ie , big steals) that would lead you to believe he simply reneged on the deal so he could mark them up , then it seems like he simply made a mistake (lost the cards , accidentally re-listed something already sold , or possibly even misdelivered them) and tried to make it right but contacting you and providing a refund....mistake happen - i know first hand as i have unfortunately misplaced several items i had listed over the years - so i wouldnt crucify the guy under the circumstances ...now if he relists the same items at jacked up prices next week , then ignore everything else i just said....

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
been there, done that. I left a thread about it awhile back. Apparently if you want to leave negative feedback on a problem transaction, don't open a case for "item not received" or whatever, don't contact the seller, and don't get a refund because I think one or multiples of those trigger the ebay system to take away your rights as a buyer to leave feedback over a transaction.

Just another way feedback is becoming meaningless. If a seller screws people, you won't know about it because the buyers opened a case, got their refunds and can't say they had a bad experience with that seller and let future buyers decide if one transaction is an outlier or trending towards sketchy seller.

Members online

Latest posts