Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Those are great cards.

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

Back when "rainbows" actually meant something!! Awesome!!

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
i'm going to say under $3k but those brilliants 24's don't seem to ever pop of the big names. one of the most valuable 90s insert/subsets?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Another cheap lot full of goodness:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400693958653?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

No indicaton of what was actually in this lot, other than the Chipper. Turned out to be mostly 1998 Leaf inserts, and numbered ones at that!

State Reps /5000: Dave Justice x 3, Jim Thome, Juan Gonzalez, Tim Salmon, Andruw Jones, Greg Maddux, Raul Mondesi x 2, Frank Thomas, Bernie Williams
Heading for the Hall /3500: Juan Gonzalez, Barry Larkin, Wade Boggs, Eddie Murray, Ivan Rodriguez

There's also a dozen or so 1997 and 1998 Fractal Matrix and Die Cuts. I love these types of lots!

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Me too but not because it's Bonds but is that the Pinnacle Performers Big Bang Seasonal Outburst? I need the Belle still and my checklist shows it's /30 but never seen one before :(

They are pretty tough to find. I've bought a couple boxes of 98 PP from Baseball Card Exchange @ 20 a pop but no luck!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Well it's already $772 more than I paid for my Bagwell! Of course mine was purchased before the entire world decided they'd drop what they were doing and immediately start collecting 90's inserts. And....it's Bagwell and not Jeter...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Small refractor run of Vladdy 1999 Finest Milestones completed. Hits /3000, Doubles /500, HRs /500.

vlad99FINESTMILESTONESHITS.jpg
vlad99FINESTMILESTONESDOUBLES.jpg
vlad99FINESTMILESTONESHR.jpg

Doing my part to bring the avg. card BV down in this thread. Even $1-$3 cards can still be sweet 90's inserts!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Bought a 1998 Topps Stars box last night, can't wait to crack this one open! Could be my most exciting break in a while, depending how many Gold Rainbow Luminaries or Galaxies are waiting for me!

Got my box today, and I was kinda disappointed. No Luminaries, no Galaxies, no Supernovas (did get a Yaz Rookie Reprint), and no Gold Rainbow parallels, either (plenty of Silvers and Golds, though). However, this was one of those rare breaks where every pack made me a little tingly at the thought of what might be inside...no modern boxes every give me that feeling!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Well it's already $772 more than I paid for my Bagwell! Of course mine was purchased before the entire world decided they'd drop what they were doing and immediately start collecting 90's inserts. And....it's Bagwell and not Jeter...

It's a nice card and all, but I'm concerned about how the scabbard and handle has ware...

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Another cheap lot full of goodness:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400693958653?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

No indicaton of what was actually in this lot, other than the Chipper. Turned out to be mostly 1998 Leaf inserts, and numbered ones at that!

State Reps /5000: Dave Justice x 3, Jim Thome, Juan Gonzalez, Tim Salmon, Andruw Jones, Greg Maddux, Raul Mondesi x 2, Frank Thomas, Bernie Williams
Heading for the Hall /3500: Juan Gonzalez, Barry Larkin, Wade Boggs, Eddie Murray, Ivan Rodriguez

There's also a dozen or so 1997 and 1998 Fractal Matrix and Die Cuts. I love these types of lots!

If you would have scrolled through the description of the auction, it had every card pictured. Not bad for a buck.

Members online