Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
That is probably the case, Walt seemed very genuine when we discussed the meet, but what turned me off was not even getting a phone call or text when they knew they weren't going to be able to meet up. They basically left me hanging, and for 2 weeks, I got no response from him or even an explanation.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
On a side note, I contacted Walt today, asking what was the status of the proposed RH fan club, he said "he and Rickey have been really busy". That was 2012. 2013 I was promised a meet and greet in Boston, which I told you guys never came to be, even after he contacted me the night before and promised. Then next day he did not answer any of my calls or texts, and 2 weeks later offered a bad excuse.

So needless to say, I think the whole RH fan club thing, the proposed meet and greets, and basically anything Walt mentioned on FB is a farce... Brad was one of the lucky ones...But that was years ago now too.

While I was able to meet Walt in Cooperstown, I have still yet to meet Rickey. I've had a few encounters very similar to yours, in which things didn't work out as "planned." I've since decided to just let it go. No point in stressing over it anymore.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Not sure if that bodes well for the long term, I've seen quite a dip in his 2003-2005 auto's as well due to the amount in the market available.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I figured all these Hendersons being sold by TNT and Probstein were Ken's. He never responded to a few emails I sent him either. Wasn't sure if he changed his mind, or maybe changed direction on how he was going to sell.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Do anyone have or seen the 2014 Topps Archives Fan Favorite Rickey Henderson autograph? I have been looking for it to complete the autograph set but have not seen one listed.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Hey guys, did any of you purchase cards from TNT last week? He sent me the 2005 prestige changing stripes prime /25 instead of the dual 2005 prestige prime with Gwynn. If one of you got that by mistake, Id rather just ship you the correct card, based on his negative feedbacks this month, the odds of having this situation corrected looks bleak.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Hi Guys. I apologize for not getting back to some of you guys. Been very busy with work and life in general. Not to mention this task has been overwhelming. Haven't been able to sell a thing so far and have been contemplating just going through Ebay. My main problem is time. I have already dealt with 2 guys that have "backed" out. Both famous Ebayers. One guy sent me a list back of all the items he wanted, but when I finally got in touch, he ran into some financial hardships. I totally understand his situation though. The other guy I talked to on the phone and he had these grand plans and then never responded to any of my emails. So who still needs a list? Just Kent? Brian resend the list you were interested in. I think Larry had dibs on a few if he still is interested. Sorry Larry. Anyhow, the lists are below, just let me know which ones you are interested in. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Bats: 34
Baseball Cards I 1980-1999: 1,649
Baseball Cards II 2000-2010: 1,795
Baseball Cards III 2011-Present: 333
Baseballs (facsimile auto balls, fotoballs, ect): 41
Books (hard/soft cover w/Rickey on front or back): 64
Boxes (any cereal, card boxes with Rickey pictured): 62
Cachets/First Day Covers: 94
Checklists (all kinds): 576
Clothing (T-shirts, hats, cleats): 88
Errors: 89
Game Cards (Strat, APBA, ect): 288