Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alphanumeric Baseball Challenge: Trades + Bonus Scoring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
All trades have been completed. See the complete breakdown below, along with the revised leaderboard.

tradingblock.jpg

trades.jpg

bonus.jpg

Last edited:

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
Man, a HOF catcher is extremely powerful for bonus points - I've got three HOF pitchers but my catcher is a scrub.
My trading partner has a HOF catcher.....hmmmmmm.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
...this is making my head spin, but hopefully I can sort this all out one step at a time......;)

PS- My HOFers are not available for trade :grin::grin:

I think we all don't want our HOFers available for trade but I think it'll be automatically generated to tell us which spot in our "lineup" will essentially swap (or trade) with the person we're lined up with.... I could be TOTALLY wrong but that adds a layer to the game because we will have three spots change... maybe I'm wrong lol but why would you be able to make any trades if that weren't the case, unless someone would sell out and allow someone else to trade up or something.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
MansGame hit the nail on the head. Trades are mandatory and may or may not involve your HOFers.

As mentioned, the actual positions involved for each trade have already been generated.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
MansGame hit the nail on the head. Trades are mandatory and may or may not involve your HOFers.

As mentioned, the actual positions involved for each trade have already been generated.

What a twisttttttttttttttttttttttttt.... love the game... really enjoying it no matter what happens...

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I think we all don't want our HOFers available for trade but I think it'll be automatically generated to tell us which spot in our "lineup" will essentially swap (or trade) with the person we're lined up with.... I could be TOTALLY wrong but that adds a layer to the game because we will have three spots change... maybe I'm wrong lol but why would you be able to make any trades if that weren't the case, unless someone would sell out and allow someone else to trade up or something.

I was of course joking ;) ......good luck to everyone!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Chris - This is by far one of the most epic contests I have ever joined of yours! For the Bonus Scoring...is that something we need to track or will it be automatically entered in later?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
If we need to enter information, work is all done, just swap the scores. Otherwise Chris will swap it on his sheet

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Bonus scoring will be automatically tallied, but you're encouraged to follow along!

Thanks for the kind words...I'm pretty happy with this template. Just a few minor tweaks for next time!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The bonus round will be added before the trades take place right? So you can get bonus points for having the highest score for a position, etc. but before that position is traded away?

wigglytuff

Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for the game it's really a lot of fun, kind of like a statistical scavenger hunt!

I was wondering along the same lines, are the trades like fantasy trades, and we keep the scores we have and then trades are for the bonus point scoring; or do we lose the points we already have?

Fingers crossed we don't lose the good players and the points we've gotten from them, but either way will keep it interesting!

Thanks again, great game!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
The bonus round will be added before the trades take place right? So you can get bonus points for having the highest score for a position, etc. but before that position is traded away?

Sadly, no. The bonus round is tallied at the very end of the game and applies to your franchise at it stands at the end of the game.

When your trades go down...EVERYTHING associated with those players are swapped as well (points + HOF status).

Again, the positions involved for each trade are already determined and were 100% randomly generated before the game started. I'm only waiting to announce them until the end of the bench player round to build suspense!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts