Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andruw Jones arrested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
You guys are a class act. A guy beats his wife and its is brought down to a reason of why someone shouldn't collect the player they do based on post made in the past. It's a horrible situation for all involved and for this to be turned into an anti-player collector meme is pretty sad. Caminiti, Raines, Gywnn...collect them or don't. No need to try to make comparisons that aren't really compareable.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Nothing on here should be taken serious. Interwebs is serious bizness!!! Seriously, I come on here to interact with other collectors and have a few laughs.

I guess I've seen domestic violence cases so much in my life that I can have a dark sense of humor about it.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I come on here to interact with other collectors and have a few laughs.
That's fine, and I love humor as much as the next guy, but you're rarely funny. You're like the Andrew Dice Clay of FCB. You think you're hilarious, but most of us roll our eyes because your entire brand of humor is based on being offensive instead of actually being funny.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I have an odd sense of humor. I'll be the first to admit that.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
That's fine, and I love humor as much as the next guy, but you're rarely funny. You're like the Andrew Dice Clay of FCB. You think you're hilarious, but most of us roll our eyes because your entire brand of humor is based on being offensive instead of actually being funny.

I am not trying to be mean or a hater - but i have to agree and add as offensive as Dice was HE was funny sometimes tho.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
high_horse.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I honestly think this sucks for sure but I wouldn't dump my collection. This kinda stuff happened a bit in my home while growing up. I'm not dumping any of my collection of his cards because of it. To be quite honest, I would never, for any reason, think to collect a guy because he's perfect. Every damn person on earth has done something at some point in time that would piss a lot of other people off. Bagwell isn't squeaky clean. I collect the guy because he is a player I grew up watching and loved how he played the game. I've met Biggio several times and I personally, all BS aside, think he's an ass. But I didn't dump my collection and still on occasion pick stuff up of his.

None of us can be collecting these guys based on their off the field persona. I mean we can but if we do, we are all doomed to at some point come to a cross roads where we can't agree with something and then what? Collect that way if you want. But if you do, you are destined to be dissappointed eventually. Not saying what Jones did was cool by any means. I just wouldn't axe my collection over it. To each their own I suppose. But if you choose that path, tread lightly on the financial front in case you have to resell....

andy88c

Dec 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Lost in all of this is that his wife was okay with Andruw being a key witness in a strip club lawsuit a few years ago. Very forgiving woman. No excuse for Andruw and he's going to have to fork over a lot of $$$ to her soon.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Lost in all of this is that his wife was okay with Andruw being a key witness in a strip club lawsuit a few years ago. Very forgiving woman. No excuse for Andruw and he's going to have to fork over a lot of $$$ to her soon.

Few years ago? It was 2001 and regarding something that happened in 1997, both dates well before he had been married. Not sure how him testifying about having sex with some women in 1997 when he was 20 years old was something his future wife can be forgiving about?

With all of that said, he is a *******. Hopefully this was an isolated issue and he gets his career and life back on track. He may be playing in Japan for longer than 1 year after this ordeal. Either way, I am done collecting him.

Members online