Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps 75th Stamped Buyback Wantlist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I was looking at the non sports cards like this but decided against getting any because they can be faked way to easy.

All topps did was hot stamp a foil logo onto the cards. If someone has access to a hot stamp machine they can make as many of whatever cards they wanted to.

It really amazes me some of the stuff Topps does.

For those that don't know what a hot stamp machine is here's a small youtube video of one. This is a bit different from the one I had worked with in the past but you will get the general idea of how they work and how easy it would be to counterfeit these cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4Lei-iOY4

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I was looking at the non sports cards like this but decided against getting any because they can be faked way to easy.

All topps did was hot stamp a foil logo onto the cards. If someone has access to a hot stamp machine they can make as many of whatever cards they wanted to.

For those that don't know what a hot stamp machine is here's a small youtube video of one. This is a bit different from the one I had worked with in the past but you will get the general idea of how they work and how easy it would be to counterfeit these cards.

Most of these cards will sell for $2 or less and there are 1,000s of legit ones out there.

I really don't see someone going to the trouble unless they were really selling for some decent cash.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I haven't followed the sports buybacks but I have been watching some of the non sports stuff and some of the cards seem to do pretty well.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Very possible. Figure the cards hitting the market now are almost positively real w/o a doubt. It may became a real issue when better cards (in decent shape no less) show up much later, when most new issues dry up completely.

How easy would it be to replicate the logo?

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I'm looking for any Amos Otis. If anybody pulls any other Royals let me know I might be interested in buying/trading.

Here's what I pulled so far:
1957 Milt Bolling Red Sox
1967 Bill Connors Dave Dowling Rookie Stars Cubs
1970 Frank Linzy Giants
1973 Roger Metzger Astros
1976 Bert Campaneris A's
1979 Stan Bahnsen Expos

All are in decent shape except the Bolling, rounded corners. I can add scans if anyone wants to see them.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Geez... was going to buy this since Don Zimmer is on it, but it ended at $46.78!!!!

$_57.JPG

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I wanted this 1975 Ted Simmons Buyback, but DAMN:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-Baseball-75th-Aniversary-Originals-1975-75-Ted-Simmons-Cardinals-/321313814236?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBUAA%3AUS%3A3160&item=321313814236&nma=true&si=6qQjMKo%252FBnMgYEaeSfLwdhXXi8I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And of course, as I'm looking for this link, I find that another 1975 sold with a $3.99 BIN!

I'm going hard for the five potential Dick Pole buybacks (1974-1978). Already grabbed the 1976 and 1978 on ebay, along with a 2 card lot including a 1974 Tom Seaver/Jim Palmer LL that I got for next to nothing. Prices on these really seem to be all over the place.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Had to dig for the thread, but the package arrived. thank you again very much for seeking me out and for basically giving me the card, not to mention the extra freebies. I don't buy new packs, so seeing some brand new Dodgers is always cool for me!! very cool!

Send me Paypal $0.50 "goods" so I can print up an shipping label and this is your... [email protected]

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
If its true that these buybacks are leftovers from the Million Card Giveaway, then it makes sense that they'll be mostly commons and minor stars. You won a Mantle or Clemente, you had it shipped to you. You won a 1978 Andre Thornton, you said XXXX it and let Topps keep it. I have seen a few stars on League Leader/multi-player cards, but almost no straight-up high dollar stars.
[MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION]: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAVE-NICHOL...1128625369?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4d18cdd8d9

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
I love sets like this and would be happy to trade for any and all of these cards you do not want. Any card, any condition, Obviously I'm not going to trade a Buxton autograph for a vg 1971 commons :)Rich

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
If its true that these buybacks are leftovers from the Million Card Giveaway, then it makes sense that they'll be mostly commons and minor stars. You won a Mantle or Clemente, you had it shipped to you. You won a 1978 Andre Thornton, you said XXXX it and let Topps keep it. I have seen a few stars on League Leader/multi-player cards, but almost no straight-up high dollar stars.
[MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION]: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAVE-NICHOL...1128625369?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4d18cdd8d9

Thanks for the mention.

Now getting Brent to respond is another matter.

Members online

Latest posts