Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Draft Picks - HOBBY & JUMBO WRAPPER ODDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
It will be all conjecture but if bigger hits start coming early out of Jumbos then you will see prices soaring on the Jumbos. People will start beating the "Topps put all the big hits into Jumbos" drums

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
This further illustrates the total absurdity of something like [phil]350647614756[/phil]

As Jim pointed out earlier, the average is going to be 9 base, 4 refractors and 1 blue for the base ref blue ref lots.

A guy like Almoras lot sells for $1275, if you assume the average pull AND $30 a base, $50 a ref and $120 a blue which I think is pretty generous...you get $590 worth of autos.

You'd have to beat the odds x 2 to get even close to the auction value back and the chance of doing that over 50 cases is poor, very poor.

Sure hope Boomo's buyers don't read this thread and he doesn't have to file NPBs.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I won't, I got two auto lots for less than $200. I also picked up 2 lots of Perfect Game/Aflac auto's of Gausman and Cecchini for less than $75. If I'm lucky, I should hit 2-4 auto's of each.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Sure hope Boomo's buyers don't read this thread and he doesn't have to file NPBs.

Looking a bit more, Almora looks like an outlier guys that would sell well like Dahl [phil]350647618300[/phil] and Gallo [phil]271106155754[/phil] sold much more reasonably.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
But if you were lucky enough to get jumbos early for 975 per case than your sitting pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I'm thinking there will be more RC autographs in BDP because of the Jumbos. I would be surprised if there was a Harper or a Davish in every jumbo box. That would be crazy.

I think the RC autos will only be hit at one per 10+ Jumbo cases and one per 20 Hobby cases if my math is right. So it might make sense that only Harper and Darvish are on the checklist.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
and draft will be a day late for most people. Thanks Topps

The Draft isn't coming until tomorrow. Topps didn't ship it to anyone until Wednesday and with the holiday, it got delayed a day.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I think the RC autos will only be hit at one per 10+ Jumbo cases and one per 20 Hobby cases if my math is right. So it might make sense that only Harper and Darvish are on the checklist.

Oops, I misread the other post. Thanks for pointing it out. So now it looks like you'll definitely get 3 prospect autos in each box of jumbo.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Bought 3 boxes at LCS. Each box was $64. Did well, in my opinion...
2 Blue Ref
Bowman Best Ref /99 of Trahan
AllStar Futures Jersey Relic of a Padres prospect
Auto of Naquin
Ref auto (non-numbered) of Nick Williams
Blue Ref Auto of James Ramsey

Will create a new thread as soon as I scan these cards...

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Bought 3 boxes at LCS. Each box was $64. Did well, in my opinion...
2 Blue Ref
Bowman Best Ref /99 of Trahan
AllStar Futures Jersey Relic of a Padres prospect
Auto of Naquin
Ref auto (non-numbered) of Nick Williams
Blue Ref Auto of James Ramsey

Will create a new thread as soon as I scan these cards...

Unnumbered Refractor Autos...not cool.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
But if you were lucky enough to get jumbos early for 975 per case than your sitting pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't want this point to go unnoticed because it is a good one. For those that are making a buying decision now, buy 2 hobby instead of a jumbo, but if you were pre-ordering, Jumbo was ALWAYS the right decision...unless you got shut out like I did...but I digress.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Have there been any box breaks of jumbo boxes yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Is it ever a bad idea to pre-order jumbo as soon as possible? I only ask because I have only really been into the collecting market for the past two years, and every product that has had jumbo has increased significantly in value.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Jumbo is almost always a better bet to buy during a presell. But unfortunately you weren't likely to get ANY jumbo at pre-sale prices unless you ordered a ton of hobby as well

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
So it seems the general consensus is that if you had the choice between 3 regular boxes or one jumbo box for the same price you'd rather have the three boxes?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts