Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************Morning Thread *************** 1/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. For those of you experiencing the cold, I'm sorry. We went through the cold for a couple of weeks in late November/early December and them temps weren't above zero for what seemed like ever. Today, it is already 32 outside.
[MENTION=1945]Resident Bay Fan[/MENTION] Hoping everything goes okay for you and that it's nothing serious
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] We sure have missed seeing all of your Dawson pick ups!
[MENTION=1784]lonesomeagle1[/MENTION] Congrats to you and the wife!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning
Raining and about 40* here..

School bus has missed picking up my high schooler two days In a row now. Think I'll forego a third phone call and take a break from work to run him in.

Lonesome: congrats to you two!
Art: hope all turns out well

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'm always looking Dan.
You know me, I love the old wax.
I do have a box of 2012 & 2013 Panini Cooperstown that I am going to break soon.

Id like to find some Archives and Fan Favorites boxes.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning guys. May not be around for a few days. I've been having some chest pains for about a week and a half, so I finally decided to go to the ER yesterday. Spent 5 hours there and still didn't get to see the doc. Will be heading back shortly, and hopefully not for another 5 hour wait.

hope everything is ok. Sometimes i wonder if i have anxiety issues. My wife does, and she will have a hard time breathing. As for me, i just feel incredibly wound up at times. And then i snap. The best way to explain me is comparing me to the Hulk. Except i dont turn green...

Good Morning Everyone

hey there Dustin! Unless ive been blind, i havent seen you on in a while. I hope things are going better now. Last i heard, you were having some problems. I hope they are worked out now.

Best of luck Art, hopefully it's nothing serious.

My house luck continues. Most of you don't know but my sump pump broke last week which flooded my basement forcing me to toss a lot of cards and books etc.

Last night my downstairs hvac unit stopped working. It's a brisk 55 degrees downstairs this morning. I filed a claim with my warranty company and left a message for the service company as they don't open until 8am.

I guess 2014 will be the year of the house. Lol

Have a good day everyone.

we are only seven days into the new year... Hopefully things stop breaking or its gonna be a loooooong year.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Okay, I'm thinking about a new long-term collecting project. What do you guys think of this plan?

thats pretty cool. Id like to help, but my only extra goes against two of your criteria. Its a head shot, and a gem mt 10, not a 9 since you want a 9 for the 90s...

20140107_103103_zps8c4785ec.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Good Afternoon Guys, Just got done scanning and will post up my end of the Year Pick ups. Yes a little late, lol. But here they are. Hope everyone has a good day!

Here are some Patches and or Tags

Gibby Numbered 3/3

Both Winfields are 1/1s

Yaz 1/1 for Player PC

Sweet Tags (Both Marchial and Hornsby are 1/1s)

Rare Kaline Tag

Jumbo Patches and Letter Patches.

Both Boggs and Ryno are 1/1 Black versions

Jumbo Stargell Tag

I don't like the fact that someone got this signed but finally got it for a good price

For the Vlad Player PC

Same with the Pujols

Button Cards :)

1/1

1/1

Logomans :)

Don't ask who is on the other side of this card, lol

Bat Knobs and Barrels :)

George (Thank you)

And Finally 2 sweet Cards that I have wanted for a while and finally nailed them.

Wanted one of Daves best autos

This one is just sweet in person

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=1927]mlbsalltimegreats[/MENTION] - Your maildays are just too much. Nice as always! That Ryno 1/1 would look very nice to its Grace counterpart.

Thought of you seeing this today on eBay.
$T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHjSBR)jb3WfSQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon Guys, Just got done scanning and will post up my end of the Year Pick ups. Yes a little late, lol. But here they are. Hope everyone has a good day!

Jumbo Stargell Tag

This one is just sweet in person

WOW Tony! Such a powerful pickup post!!! These three are my favorite. Never saw the Marion either, but the ending price was out of my league anyways. Those Mantle/Griffey autographs are on par with the Mantle/Musial/Yaz triple autos and that Stargell patch is just jaw dropping!!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Any new pickups Alex?

Nothing too much but hoping to focus more on the PC now that the holidays are over. I've got some Topps Chrome Jesus Montero RC autos coming in, they are dirt cheap right now and he is in a Mariners uniform. I already have the gold refractor and I have the red refractor and black refractor on it's way. I also picked up a 2013 Five Star Felix Hernandez jumbo jersey that a guy pulled at my LCS yesterday as well as a 2013 Five Star Rickey Henderson autograph 50/50 that looks amazing in person. Hoping to go much stronger on the trade and single card pickup route this year as well :) How about you?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=1927]mlbsalltimegreats[/MENTION] - Your maildays are just too much. Nice as always! That Ryno 1/1 would look very nice to its Grace counterpart.

Thought of you seeing this today on eBay.
$T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHjSBR)jb3WfSQ~~60_57.JPG
Thank you Brad and yes saw the Doerr but not enough tag for me. I had a chance to own it at one time but passed on it. I have a few with small amount of tag like that but just getting a little more fickle with collection.

WOW Tony! Such a powerful pickup post!!! These three are my favorite. Never saw the Marion either, but the ending price was out of my league anyways. Those Mantle/Griffey autographs are on par with the Mantle/Musial/Yaz triple autos and that Stargell patch is just jaw dropping!!!

Alex Thank you sir, Yes the Marion only pop'd up as I search the word Button in my searches or else I would have never saw it. The price was around what I thought it might end only cause I have never seen a Marion Button not even out of NT.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Nothing too much but hoping to focus more on the PC now that the holidays are over. I've got some Topps Chrome Jesus Montero RC autos coming in, they are dirt cheap right now and he is in a Mariners uniform. I already have the gold refractor and I have the red refractor and black refractor on it's way. I also picked up a 2013 Five Star Felix Hernandez jumbo jersey that a guy pulled at my LCS yesterday as well as a 2013 Five Star Rickey Henderson autograph 50/50 that looks amazing in person. Hoping to go much stronger on the trade and single card pickup route this year as well :) How about you?

Yes sir. Since our last conversation about five star, I've picked up a Pedro Martinez, a Nomar Garciaparra, and 3 Hendersons. I really like that product.

Brad/Tony - that Doerr patch is too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online