Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I like Newcomb but this is on him. Have to throw strikes. Can't give a great team like the Red Sox multiple opportunities. Playing with fire eventually you will get burned.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
You never want to give Boston the opportunity to rally cuz they'll run away with it.

And man, our offense has been dead. Yesterday we had a lot of guys on base that we just couldn't drive in and today I think we've had like one guy in scoring position against a struggling Porcello.

A team that doesn’t need additional help. They’ve been taking advantage of the mistakes thus far in the series.

Hopefully a good learning experience. And I hope they play better tomorrow.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Why is Duvall still on the team?

Good question. They pulled him before the inning was over when they brought Freddie into the game and moved Culberson to RF.

Should’ve kept Markakis in but I’m sure they wanted to rest him since they were up 6 runs.

Thought Freddie bailed them out too.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Good question. They pulled him before the inning was over when they brought Freddie into the game and moved Culberson to RF.

Should’ve kept Markakis in but I’m sure they wanted to rest him since they were up 6 runs.

Thought Freddie bailed them out too.

That's what bothers me the most about this game. I understand the bullpen blew it but we didn't play to win the game after having the big lead. Beating the best team in the league handedly, or even at all, would have been a great step for this team. Instead we pulled Folty earlier and took out some starters. Nothing is guaranteed and look what happened. We aren't guaranteed a playoff spot yet we need to put our best effort to win.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Some early run support against Greinke.

Also confirmed that Duvall wouldn’t have caught that foul ball Markakis just tracked down.