Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

boxes and boxes of cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
This is some of the best entertainment I have seen in a while. Classic internet at it's finest. I haven't been around much lately and it's great to see not much has changed. Hilarious thread. Really liked it when a few guys got all butt hurt over nothing at all. Nothing has happened in 7 pages. No one has been scammed, at least not to my knowledge reading this, and already people wanna be quick with the told you so or wait for other shoe to drop. Just chill and read. Help if you want. Move on if you don't. Don't forget you were once someone that knew nothing about cards as well. We ALL were. You weren't born able to talk or ride a bike. Damn people.. just WOW.

~AJ

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
This is some of the best entertainment I have seen in a while. Classic internet at it's finest. I haven't been around much lately and it's great to see not much has changed. Hilarious thread. Really liked it when a few guys got all butt hurt over nothing at all. Nothing has happened in 7 pages. No one has been scammed, at least not to my knowledge reading this, and already people wanna be quick with the told you so or wait for other shoe to drop. Just chill and read. Help if you want. Move on if you don't. Don't forget you were once someone that knew nothing about cards as well. We ALL were. You weren't born able to talk or ride a bike. Damn people.. just WOW.

~AJ

We dont agree much.

But it just happened.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Yeah because you know everything there is to know about that situation. Continue being a ****** and litter threads man. At least you will have something in life to be proud of.

I've got plenty in life to be proud of, one thing of which is not entering into business deals with known crooks. It's called having ethics.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I've got plenty in life to be proud of, one thing of which is not entering into business deals with known crooks. It's called having ethics.

You don't know Evan.

You have never been to my store.

You have never been involved in the local card scene in Atlanta.

I do know Evan.

I have been to my store and every other store in town.

I participate in the local card scene in Atlanta.

I think I have more information than you do about the situation, therefore am more qualified to make an accurate call on it.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Yes, because trolling Internet forums really places you up on a pedestal to judge and criticize others.

You say trolling, I say voicing my opinion.

That's not too much for you to handle, is it? I know how a lot of you little ladies here don't like anyone having a different opinion than your own....but you're just going to have to get over it.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
cat_toilet.jpg

Original poster...sad to say that most of what you have shown us is 80's and early 90's stuff that is worth very very very little and is difficult to sell because supply far outstrips demand. I think you could get a little bit of money for the 1982 Topps set, but the dollar figure we're talking here is not large...the Ripken rookie card is really the only worthwhile card from the set and the most you could hope to get for it is $20 if it's not professionally graded/encapsulated in extremely nice condition.

And really that goes for the entire decade of the 80's, the only cards that sell for more than $20 are either professionally graded rookie cards of the biggest stars in amazing condition or stuff that's really hard to find and it's incredibly doubtful that you have in the collection. Most of the errors from that decade are interesting cards, but they don't sell for more than a few bucks. There are some exceptions that fetch higher dollar, but they sell for that much for a reason - they are rare. So I'm sad to say that what you have shown us so far is the type of thing that people are bringing into card shops every day and being turned away with.

If you find some other cards that are older than what you've shown us so far or a little bit newer (into the era with Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez rookie cards) I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in seeing some pictures and giving opinions on values. You just have the bad luck so far of showing us cards from the least valuable era in card history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts