Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the best redemption you were owed that ended up being replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Whether it was because the card was never made, or you simply gave up waiting and asked for a replacement, what is the BEST card you were owed, but never saw?

For me it was an Anderson Silva on-card silver ink auto from 2010 UFC Knock-Out. After three years of waiting, I gave up. Topps sent me a sticker auto instead :(

Others?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
bret michaels auto from 2011 American Pie (rock singer). Replaced with Don Sutton redemption replacement set auto that you can win on ebay regularly for about $10. BS.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This thread will just be a heartbreaker to read lol. I mean I read every post and am like "Ugh, that freaking blows!"

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Willie Mays Stitches in Time auto from 2000 Fleer...replaced with a bunch of Feel the Game jerseys.

You sure it was a Stitches in Time auto? Those were 2001. You had/have a redemption card for this? I've never seen a redemption card for it. Beckett says some were packed out, but I don't believe that. Mays never signed them, and the unsigned cards themselves were sold at auction. Would love to see the redemption.

mays01FT.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
To answer the OP, I have only dealt with 2 redemptions I believe in my collecting history because that is all the versions Belle has had that I've received. Both were a disaster, took forever but I did finally receive. To be clear, I will never do another one again. I'll just wait for the redeemed version to come out and go that route... unless (I guess) it was a redemption for a Belle knob, nameplate, patch and on-card auto triple fold booklet or something ::facepalm::

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
You sure it was a Stitches in Time auto? Those were 2001. You had/have a redemption card for this? I've never seen a redemption card for it. Beckett says some were packed out, but I don't believe that. Mays never signed them, and the unsigned cards themselves were sold at auction. Would love to see the redemption.

mays01FT.jpg

Yes, that was the one. 2001, sorry. I've never seen one signed.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
2002 Sp Joe D poster redemption. By far.

Friend bought one around the same time i did both about a buck fity each.

Turns out most had been been destroyed in a flood and they were replacing them. Friend got like a Giambi 8x10 auto and when he told me i called UD and told them that i buy a ton of high end wax and that that would not work for me. 2001 Ultimate Collection had come out not long before and i told the rep i had pulled both autos but Ichiros and if they couldn't do that that i collect Bonds autos - well before his fall from grace.

When i opened the package there was a Bonds auto #d to something like 50 - Sweet Spot i think, sold it quick.

BUT... under the Bonds was a lower condition 2001 Ultimate Collection Ichiro Rc Auto also :eek:

Not bad.

Edit - though it would have worked i was not lying to them i opened a bit of that xxxx.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
2011 Topps Triple Threads Pedro Alvarez auto/relic wood parallel rookie card #138.
- True 1/1 rookie card
- On-card autograph
- Relic pieces (likely patches)

It would’ve looked like this (pic borrowed from ebay):
$_3.JPG

What would’ve likely been one of my favorite cards in my rookie card collection (of last season’s NL homerun champ) became a sticker auto of Gary Sheffield when, out of the blue and without my consent, Topps decided to send me a replacement and “close the case”.

In several decades of collecting baseball cards, it’s probably the most discouraging thing that’s happened to me in the hobby (not exaggerating).

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
These two stories are how companies USED TO deal with redemptions which weren't made.

Because I mostly only open Leaf products, I rarely deal with redemptions.

But years ago I had a redemption for a Kerry wood Letterman which he never signed.

I called ud and was asked what team I like. Told them the yanks and rattled off, kiddingly, Jeter, mantle Ruth, DiMaggio etc.

They sent me a DiMaggio bat card!

Maybe around the early 00s, a customer got a redemption for a Paul kariya auto.

He sent it in and he got back a letter stating card couldn't be made to please accept the included WAYNE GRETZKY AUTO instead!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
HAHA
@MansGame How is the website coming?
It's good... been busy with work but plan on diving in a lot more tonight and this weekend. I decided to go with Wix but it's a learning curve. I wish I had more photoshop skills because I can visualize what pictures and thinks I'd use in the perfect world but instead have to use default pics or ones I pull online.

stricklcp

Jun 15, 2013
ATL
I am afraid that my 2012 A&G Griffey auto will never be made.

Hey George,
I was on the phone with Topps a couple weeks back because I need to return some apparel and while I had someone on the phone I decided to ask them about redemptions I had. Luckily the dude on the phone was super helpful and checked all my owed cards (4 Hank Aarons and 4 Griffey Jr's). He filled me in on the 2012 A&G Griffey's (I'm owed the red ink and base auto).....they are signed but need to be framed. The next framing session will contain these A&G Griffey's (so he said).

At any rate, I got 6 out of my 8 owed cards yesterday in the mail. So, we wait a little while longer for our Griffeys.......:D

Members online

Latest posts